A&H

Liverpool v Arsenal

I'm a Man Utd fan so I've seen my unfair share of comebacks/last minute goals.
What I had never seen was the way QPR completely wrapped it in once they found out they were safe. Nothing short of a disgrace.
Enjoyed watching them go down the following season.
But to compare 2012 to any comeback against a team that was still interested is a tad unfair.

A Man Utd fan (like Miley) who rates Liverpool being beaten at home to lose the title higher than he does his own team losing it after Man City won eh? Hmmm.. you don't say!! :rolleyes:

Is there any actual proof that the QPR players knew they were "safe" before Man City's comeback by the way?

The Referee Store
A Man Utd fan (like Miley) who rates Liverpool being beaten at home to lose the title higher than he does his own team losing it after Man City won eh? Hmmm.. you don't say!! :rolleyes:

Is there any actual proof that the QPR players knew they were "safe" before Man City's comeback by the way?

They were so safe Barton decided his team could play on without him...

QPR gave up!?!? hahaha

the bolton game finished as we started the attack to the Aguero goal, no way they knew they were safe

chin up

for what it's worth, liverpool v arsenal has to be the most epic ending as it was both teams playing each other last game and was won with the last kick. city's was still pretty good mind. i noted it in my wedding speech as the happiest day of my life!

QPR gave up!?!? hahaha

the bolton game finished as we started the attack to the Aguero goal, no way they knew they were safe

chin up

Sorry my mistake.
They wrapped it in when they stopped winning ( a draw was no use to them at all)
But let's see if my goggles are affecting me.

3:18 QPR from kick off LEATHER the ball out for a throw in. Don't recall seeing that EVER in a premier league game. Interesting way to play football.
4:20 SWP takes a throw in to QPR's striker. Who doesn't even pretend he's going to challenge, but yeah he's fighting for survival?!?

It's not City's fault, they can only beat what's in front of them.
But that team did not give a flying f**k once City equalised!

Sorry my mistake.
They wrapped it in when they stopped winning ( a draw was no use to them at all)
But let's see if my goggles are affecting me.

3:18 QPR from kick off LEATHER the ball out for a throw in. Don't recall seeing that EVER in a premier league game. Interesting way to play football.
4:20 SWP takes a throw in to QPR's striker. Who doesn't even pretend he's going to challenge, but yeah he's fighting for survival?!?

It's not City's fault, they can only beat what's in front of them.
But that team did not give a flying f**k once City equalised!

They'd been leathering the ball out of play from all situations for the previous 20 mins!

Anyway, as I said, chin up!

Was it Sufc’s fault that Man Utd didn’t try against West Ham and they played half a team because they had a cup final coming up??? 😤

I was there too, fantastic goal over Alan Kelly. I remember Charlie Hartfield taking a swing at Cantona too. Great player Cantona but a c0cky so and so!

Last edited:
Yes, great time to watch them, they were not always exciting
But as you say, you just knew it was a matter of time
The actual final that year a good example too. Think it was that seaaon anyway!
Halcyon days to be a Manc Red, we gave you a few bloody noses at home but never got near you at OT... I remember Ronaldo offering Chris Morgan his shirt during one game as he had spent most of the first half trying to grab it!!! They were different class really

Halcyon days to be a Manc Red, we gave you a few bloody noses at home but never got near you at OT... I remember Ronaldo offering Chris Morgan his shirt during one game as he had spent most of the first half trying to grab it!!! They were different class really

I was also at Roy Keanes debut, Goal machine! Despise him now though and would walk to other side of road if saw him

I was also at Roy Keanes debut, Goal machine! Despise him now though and would walk to other side of road if saw him
I was at one of his last for Forest when we relegated them, Cloughie was looking a very ill man that day. He's (Keane) just a moody grump now living on his reputation.

Back