A&H

Liverpool v Arsenal

Ciley Myrus

RefChat Addict
Its on ITV the now, the one where Arsenal won it, with the most sensational finish to league ever
Had not realised the Liverpool protests over the first goal.
Only know off by heart the second goal,
Were they thinking Alan Smith had no touched the ball as the free kick was indirect?

The Referee Store
Just watching on ITV +1.
Didn't know Liverpool were undefeated in the 5 months prior. Must have been an incredible day.
Think Liverpool suspected hand ball.
Smith holds his arm up quite a bit in his run in but by the point of the header it is down and looks fine. That's the only thing I can see. No offside.

That Candy Liverpool shirt is still a beaut.

Just watching on ITV +1.
Didn't know Liverpool were undefeated in the 5 months prior. Must have been an incredible day.
Think Liverpool suspected hand ball.
Smith holds his arm up quite a bit in his run in but by the point of the header it is down and looks fine. That's the only thing I can see. No offside.

That Candy Liverpool shirt is still a beaut.

nope I never knew they were unbeaten in 5 months either.
Suppose they got derailed a bit having Rush subbed early on
The first goalkeeper kick up park was amusing, offside, with striker nowhere near ball, but, offside position
Three IDFKs for, high feet also.
the goal, am really thinking Liverpool are questioning whether Smith touched it, granted, it might indeed be a handball appeal, but no, not even clutching straws can they be suggesting offside.
They certainly made a fuss, and indeed persuaded the ref to ask the Ar about something..

Amazing game. Horrific for a teenage Liverpool fan. Luckily came during a period when I was not football mad so avoided trauma from this one. Hated that shirt!

Its on ITV the now, the one where Arsenal won it, with the most sensational finish to league ever

Impressive as it was, I have to disagree.
Nothing will ever top Aguero's injury time winner for Man City a few seasons back to win them the title from under Man Utd's noses mate. That was proper televised fitba drama. 😉👍

Impressive as it was, I have to disagree.
Nothing will ever top Aguero's injury time winner for Man City a few seasons back to win them the title from under Man Utd's noses mate. That was proper televised fitba drama. 😉👍

Nope. Not even close.
clear as day City would beat QPR, even more so when QPR go to ten
Clear as day Utd would win their game also.
No doubting the drama, and even my favouring the red side of Manchester can appreciate the elation, humour, and the two fingers waved at Utd
But, I repeat, neither result was anything other than expected

as another poster said, Liverpool were unbeaten in 5 months, were at home, were fresh from FA Cup final victory, and dare I say it, doing it for the Hillsborough victims
Arsenal had not won at Anfield for ( i misheard if it was 15 or 50 years) but either way it was a fair stretch.
To have to not only win, but win by two, against a team who passed the ball back to Grobbelar in their sleep, far outweighs money laden City beating 10 man QPR

I prodded you with that one wee man because I know where your loyalties lie 😉 but moreover because I actually disagree. When QPR were ahead after 90 mins and Man Utd already celebrating, what happened over the next 3 minutes was better and more dramatic than any Michael Thomas forward-roll fella.
We'll have to agree to disagree... 😉👍

I prodded you with that one wee man because I know where your loyalties lie 😉 but moreover because I actually disagree. When QPR were ahead after 90 mins and Man Utd already celebrating, what happened over the next 3 minutes was better and more dramatic than any Michael Thomas forward-roll fella.
We'll have to agree to disagree... 😉👍

i get the drama, a lot of it though is media induced, plus as we know, Sky invented football so its only natural we rank it higher
City were always going to win
Utd were always going to win
Arsenal, were not going to beat Liverpool by two goals

Relegation 1994, I was at a wedding in Wetherby with headphones on. If you watch the video we weren’t down till the last kick of the day. I went from easy street to no nails in 45 minutes!

Relegation 1994, I was at a wedding in Wetherby with headphones on. If you watch the video we weren’t down till the last kick of the day. I went from easy street to no nails in 45 minutes!

got as far as Oldham v, I guess, Norwich and am now in hysterics over the offside appealing defender!

i get the drama, a lot of it though is media induced, plus as we know, Sky invented football so its only natural we rank it higher
City were always going to win
Utd were always going to win
Arsenal, were not going to beat Liverpool by two goals

Agree totally. That's why I see it the way I do (albeit differently to you 😉)

Man City were 2 mins away from defeat and losing the title - yet dramatically turned it around.

Liverpool were in the same boat 2 mins from time but threw it away - different take. 😎

Agree totally. That's why I see it the way I do (albeit differently to you 😉)

Man City were 2 mins away from defeat and losing the title - yet dramatically turned it around.

Liverpool were in the same boat 2 mins from time but threw it away - different take. 😎

Would still wager my house on City beating ten man QPR at home, even hitting 90 mins
Would not wager my house on Arsenal scoring a second at Anfield v a team who aint lost in 5 months and were going for, lets call it, an emotional double
Plus the pass back rule was there, for Liverpool to see out what little injury time there was.

in truth, bigger picture, it only spurred Sir Alex on to get the next title, so, not a total disaster

Reactions: Kes
Yep.
Like I said, Man City on that day turned defeat into victory to win the title - Liverpool just effed the whole thing up. ;)

Yep.
Like I said, Man City on that day turned defeat into victory to win the title - Liverpool just effed the whole thing up. ;)
I was in Fort Lauderdale, Florida for the City game, 40 TV's in a sports bar and only one on that game. 2 Brits enjoying probably one of the best 5 minutes of football and theatre and a bar full of clueless Yanks watching college basketball and anything but English football!!!
Not sure they've ever heard of Man City TBF as they weren't formed till 2008 weren't they?? ;)

I was in Fort Lauderdale, Florida for the City game, 40 TV's in a sports bar and only one on that game. 2 Brits enjoying probably one of the best 5 minutes of football and theatre and a bar full of clueless Yanks watching college basketball and anything but English football!!!
Not sure they've ever heard of Man City TBF as they weren't formed till 2008 weren't they?? ;)

Legend has it City were taking 40,000 to away games whilst in the GM Vauxhall Conference league

Yep.

I'm a Man Utd fan so I've seen my unfair share of comebacks/last minute goals.
What I had never seen was the way QPR completely wrapped it in once they found out they were safe. Nothing short of a disgrace.
Enjoyed watching them go down the following season.
But to compare 2012 to any comeback against a team that was still interested is a tad unfair.

I'm a Man Utd fan so I've seen my unfair share of comebacks/last minute goals.
What I had never seen was the way QPR completely wrapped it in once they found out they were safe. Nothing short of a disgrace.
Enjoyed watching them go down the following season.
But to compare 2012 to any comeback against a team that was still interested is a tad unfair.

I been at three last day matches, West Ham ( well, Miklosko ) v Utd, you would have thought West Ham had won the league that day the way they carried on,
Middlesborough, last day three nil, but, the last day title win in 99 is under stated, 1 nil down at home to Spurs, we will never know but had Utd not come back to win that one, I dont think the treble would have happened, instead the reverse happened and the Spurs game simply lit the fuse
Am on tv at Coles goal, front row Stretford, behind a large flag.
Man of the Match was Russell Watson, who came on at half time to sing, other than Sir Matts bagpipe tribute, I had never heard Old Trafford so transfixed

i agree QPR wrapped it, in their defence they had nothing to play for so as much as its not pretty, its just how it went.
Arsenal going and getting their 2 0 at Anfield, still ranks higher for me
I think we get suckered into the media hype, the iconic commentary, and the multi cams so we could laugh at/cry with Sir Alex.

football died for me when City won in, the turnaround was complete, you could buy success, bring in a team of multi nationals and do it in a plastic arena.

Back