A&H

LiVARpool at it again

And nobody mentions Firminho mocking Spurs by doing Kane’s celebration in front of the home fans. Shocker! ;)

Robertson caution at worst. Never serious foul play.

The Referee Store
All I ask for is consistency, they are a great team but they seem to be getting away with stuff that seems to befall others.....

I’m not, I want consistency for all teams not just my own. We’ve got them a week on Tuesday, I can hear the bleating already!

Interestingly there was an article on the BBC site and they did a comparison of how much each team benefitted from VAR, Liverpool were 4th, Behind Southampton, Brighton, and Man Utd.

Interestingly there was an article on the BBC site and they did a comparison of how much each team benefitted from VAR, Liverpool were 4th, Behind Southampton, Brighton, and Man Utd.
The Planet Football article had Liverpool with 6 points gained, Southampton only 5... and you won't find any VAR fans at the Amex after Burn's disallowed goal for a toenail offside...

The Planet Football article had Liverpool with 6 points gained, Southampton only 5... and you won't find any VAR fans at the Amex after Burn's disallowed goal for a toenail offside...
What points?

The BBC article is dated 30/12/2019 so is now out of date, but they had Southampton with 6 decisions for and 1 against, and Liverpool with 4 decisions for and 2 against.

I find the concept of "benefited from VAR" a very strange one. So we're saying that those 4 teams have had more correct decisions help them out than they otherwise would have had pre-VAR? That seems a very strange thing to complain about, surely that's just bringing things closer to good teams get good decisions?

Reactions: Nij
Statistics are only as good/accurate as how you present them. I read an article that there was protest that Martin Taylor (I think) should not referee Liverpool games because in the last 7 games he has refereed them, Liverpool has won 6 of them. What they failed to mention was that during that period, Liverpool had won 6 out of 7 in all their games, MT refereed or otherwise.

I find the concept of "benefited from VAR" a very strange one. So we're saying that those 4 teams have had more correct decisions help them out than they otherwise would have had pre-VAR? That seems a very strange thing to complain about, surely that's just bringing things closer to good teams get good decisions?

I did read an argument that VAR decisions are more likely to favour the smaller/not as good teams.

Simply because it is easier to find a reason to disallow a goal than to allow one.

So it's more likely that your opponents will have a goal ruled out, so it's more likely that decisions will go in your favour.

The table with the BBC findings is at the bottom of this article https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50944416

Back