A&H

Lino went for a p*ss

I'm a referee not a park keeper. I have enough to do watching what's going on with 22 players. Outside the lines, by the trees is really not my domain. Also, if you're saying you've never had a wee where you shouldn't.................................

He was running the line, so he was rather involved in the match. Having to stop the match while he finishes off made it fairly related to being a referee at said match

The Referee Store
If the CAR is having a **** then it makes a change from being on the phone or having a fag. They don't want to be the CAR, they're not being paid and aren't qualified. They're doing it because the manager has told them to. Reporting this is just bonkers imo but each to their own, it's just a game and it's the bottom level, play on! If anyone whinged about a decision whilst the AR is having a **** then you can just point that out and everyone will have a laugh and carry on.

If the CAR is having a **** then it makes a change from being on the phone or having a fag. They don't want to be the CAR, they're not being paid and aren't qualified. They're doing it because the manager has told them to. Reporting this is just bonkers imo but each to their own, it's just a game and it's the bottom level, play on! If anyone whinged about a decision whilst the AR is having a **** then you can just point that out and everyone will have a laugh and carry on.

What about the puddle of p**s now at the side of the pitch? One player takes a tumble off the side and rolls through it, Do we all just have a laugh about that as well?

Someone does it while a game of football is on, its fine?

It isn't, but... as I was told by the course instructor way back in the day, sometimes you need to have selective hearing, or in this case, selective vision.

I think it's worth picking your battles on this one; If there's kids about, or it's near a playground, or they leave in the middle of the match to do so, or they're having a piss on the side of the pitch as mentioned above, then get involved.

But if they're going in the bushes, or it's half time and it's a long walk to the changing rooms, or there's a drive needed to get to the changing rooms, then just temporarily go blind/avert your gaze.

Not saying you're in the wrong though, if you want to report it go for it.

I think it's worth picking your battles on this one; If there's kids about, or it's near a playground, or they leave in the middle of the match to do so, or they're having a piss on the side of the pitch as mentioned above, then get involved.

There were young kids about and what looked like a group of teens taking advantage of the sun doing revision.
It was during the middle of the match - hence I noticed it.
There was a playground.
There was a toilet less than 50m away lol.

I've also got to think, as it was so obvious, what if one of the parents of the kids complained to the local FA?

I messed up few years back. School game, after school, park far away from changing room and its just a few min half time
I had to go. So, I went as far as I could reasonably go, course checked nobody was around and did my thing

Next time I was at same school, teacher told me off! A parent had not been impressed with what I did and said to him, so he in turn said to me.

Quite correct.

So from then on, changing room it is.

Plenty kids urinate at ht etc too, in the bushes or whatever (away from school games), you dont report them.

Its not the lotg needed when it comes to this, but, common sense.

Everybody in world needs to urinate. Its a lot to ask 22/30 players for not one of them to need to go at some point during your event.

There were young kids about and what looked like a group of teens taking advantage of the sun doing revision.
It was during the middle of the match - hence I noticed it.
There was a playground.
There was a toilet less than 50m away lol.

I've also got to think, as it was so obvious, what if one of the parents of the kids complained to the local FA?

Your there as football referee, not moral judge. You dont get to control somebodys bodily functions!

If a sub in my game goes to the side of the TA and take pi55 in my view, he is off. It is offensive to me. I don't use CAR but the the CAR is a sub, same deal, he is off. If a team official, he is dismissed from TA and vicinity. I don't care if there are no women or children around. It is offensive to ME if it is in my view. If he just takes off and do it somewhere else then a different story.

I have on the occasions accepted the offer of a spectator to do my line in the absence of NARs. If the unofficial AR does it. I will dismiss him from his duties.

I guess to be PC I should add send her off or dismiss her from her duties too if it was a her :D:p.

The semi pro gk who urinated when the ball went out for a goal kick in Scotland and was sent off for it had his dismissal recinded.

And reduced to a yellow.

We got issued instructions that it is not a sending off offence but common sense is to be used

As ever, can only speak for here.

And of course common sense means diff things to diff folk.

Last edited:
There's a world of difference between an inner-city Sunday League dishevelled mess of a game and lower pyramid Saturday stuff
On a side note, i had to relieve myself of an urgent number 2 shot penalty in the bushes, whilst playing golf recently. Dread such animalistic bodily functions ever coinciding with reffing :poop:

There's a world of difference between an inner-city Sunday League dishevelled mess of a game and lower pyramid Saturday stuff
On a side note, i had to relieve myself of an urgent number 2 shot penalty in the bushes, whilst playing golf recently. Dread such animalistic bodily functions ever coinciding with reffing :poop:

Am sure (hope!) am not alone in wetting myself during half marathons etc...

What about the puddle of p**s now at the side of the pitch? One player takes a tumble off the side and rolls through it, Do we all just have a laugh about that as well?
Got to use common sense about where they're doing it, who's around (ie kids etc) amongst everything else. About 2 hours ago the manager/captain (very good player too) headed the ball out of his 6 yard box and then threw up. "Ok fell"? "Fine ref, I'm still a bit ******". Delay whilst we clean it up and then carry on. I'm afraid it's inner city Sunday league, sometimes it's not how we want it but we've just got to deal with it sensibly.

If a sub in my game goes to the side of the TA and take pi55 in my view, he is off. It is offensive to me. I don't use CAR but the the CAR is a sub, same deal, he is off. If a team official, he is dismissed from TA and vicinity. I don't care if there are no women or children around. It is offensive to ME if it is in my view. If he just takes off and do it somewhere else then a different story.

I have on the occasions accepted the offer of a spectator to do my line in the absence of NARs. If the unofficial AR does it. I will dismiss him from his duties.

I guess to be PC I should add send her off or dismiss her from her duties too if it was a her :D:p.

Apologies but I disagree with you here. Something you don't want to see and something that shouldn't happen im sure but offended by somebody have a ****? Offended?

Back