A&H

Level 4 promotion

The Referee Store
Congratulations ! I am sure it is well-earned.

It's not guaranteed, but in my part of the country, no-one in recent history has been nominated and not promoted and looking at the number of step 5 games being covered by level 5s at the end of the season, I can't see it being any different this year.

However it might be different elsewhere in the country ....

Congratulations ! I am sure it is well-earned.

It's not guaranteed, but in my part of the country, no-one in recent history has been nominated and not promoted and looking at the number of step 5 games being covered by level 5s at the end of the season, I can't see it being any different this year.

However it might be different elsewhere in the country ....
There is also the added factor this year of an unknown, but probably not insignificant, number of current level 4s who will either fail the new fitness test or decide not to bother

Depends on a lot of factors. Where you live, how many in that area get promoted to L3, how many get demoted from L3, how many quit, etc. They have a set number of L4s in each area . Obviously the higher your average mark is the better, if anyone misses out it will tend to be those that have just scraped 70.

Depends on a lot of factors. Where you live, how many in that area get promoted to L3, how many get demoted from L3, how many quit, etc. They have a set number of L4s in each area . Obviously the higher your average mark is the better, if anyone misses out it will tend to be those that have just scraped 70.
Or don't have good Saturday availability which was my issue first time round

If a level 4 had a season ending injury in the early stages of the season, and they hadn't received an observation, would they be demoted or remain as a level 4 for the next season ?

If a level 4 had a season ending injury in the early stages of the season, and they hadn't received an observation, would they be demoted or remain as a level 4 for the next season ?
In the normal run of things they would (quite rightly IMO) be retained as a Level 4 rather than 'reclassified' (the nice word that is used for demotion :))

Does anyone know roughly when The FA will notify people if they are successful or not?
Today is the final day for counties to submit their nominations to the FA. So, theoretically, could be any time from tomorrow onwards. However, I'd expect it will take at least a week to sort it all out so best guess would be some point in the last week of May. Don't shout at me if I'm wrong though ... ;)

Thanks for the response guys. Guess I won't be hearing anything for a couple of weeks. I have an outside chance but we live in hope.

Back