A&H

Leeds v Bees

Or he could have been protecting his ankles from the keeper sliding in.
Still doesn't look good thoughon the forwards part.

And someone mentioned the head butt.

Did they seem to ignore the push by the Leeds player a second before on the assistant manager? And why was he even in the technical area to begin with? Retrieving the ball? Hard one, the ball literally just got into the technical area and thus not given the team a chance to return before going in hands raised.

I agree that the refereeing performance was a bit questionable but both teams were guilty of playing the referee it seems, and that Leeds fans, as seen on Twitter, can not take not winning at home and seemingly feel entitled that they have to start a petition about the referee.
I bet they've never conned the referee before, whether the fans accept it or not.
Not sure he’s protecting himself tbh... The headbutt came after the coach sheilding the ball away seemingly trying to protect their narrow lead so the player could tried getting it back quickly, although a booking might’ve been fair for him, the headbutt isn’t debatable imo

The Referee Store
He was trying to shield it?
He literally just got hold of it. Doubt it was shielding.
You've already admitted your a Leeds fan, so your blinkered in what you would dish out. Alioski raises his hands and pushes the assistant, and you'd give a yellow? Canos comes in and uses his forehead, softly, in the back of the player whilst he is shoving the assistant, red? So if he came in identically, shoving him, would you change your mind and only give a yellow?
I could understand if Canos forcefully uses his head and goes to intentionally hurt Alioski but he done neither.

Not sure what laws of the game Leeds follow but if your sending off Canos, your sending off Alioski.

Personally think it's more handbags. But given what I've seen on social media, Leeds fans want blood and are upset that they could not win against Brentford and are now going for the referee as it's his fault and not their players for scoring more than 1 goal in 90 minutes.

He was trying to shield it?
He literally just got hold of it. Doubt it was shielding.
You've already admitted your a Leeds fan, so your blinkered in what you would dish out. Alioski raises his hands and pushes the assistant, and you'd give a yellow? Canos comes in and uses his forehead, softly, in the back of the player whilst he is shoving the assistant, red? So if he came in identically, shoving him, would you change your mind and only give a yellow?
I could understand if Canos forcefully uses his head and goes to intentionally hurt Alioski but he done neither.

Not sure what laws of the game Leeds follow but if your sending off Canos, your sending off Alioski.

Personally think it's more handbags. But given what I've seen on social media, Leeds fans want blood and are upset that they could not win against Brentford and are now going for the referee as it's his fault and not their players for scoring more than 1 goal in 90 minutes.
My opinions aren’t tainted at all. I happily admit Brentford were the better team but you certainly could argue we’d have won if the ref had seen the dive (not saying it was easy to spot first time). I also do think that a player pushing someone to get the ball back is not the same as someone attempting to headbutt someone in the back of the head.

But what about the push on Watkins where he never gave a penalty?

I watched the game in the bar prior to my afternoon fixture and could honestly say that Brentford were the better team, excluding the final 10 minutes, and deserved a win more than Leeds.
You agreed that Brentford were the better team but then say that Leeds would have won if it wasn't for the dive. So if he took that extra step and was clattered by your keeper you'd have been happy with the penalty?
Even Dermot Gallagher has gone in the press saying the referee made the right call at the time.

A draw, especially after the final 10 minutes, is a very fair result but Leeds feel entitled because of that one decision.

And you are saying he attempted to head butt him in the back of the head. It was upper back at best. That is no different to someone shoving someone, not just once mind you. Raising your hands and a headbutt equals the same punishment.
Can I please play in a game when your reffing as if I push someone I'll argue that I was just getting the ball back and quote you on this. If not expect a card at all.
If I shove someone, I expect a card, especially if done in a violent way.

But what about the push on Watkins where he never gave a penalty?

I watched the game in the bar prior to my afternoon fixture and could honestly say that Brentford were the better team, excluding the final 10 minutes, and deserved a win more than Leeds.
You agreed that Brentford were the better team but then say that Leeds would have won if it wasn't for the dive. So if he took that extra step and was clattered by your keeper you'd have been happy with the penalty?
Even Dermot Gallagher has gone in the press saying the referee made the right call at the time.

A draw, especially after the final 10 minutes, is a very fair result but Leeds feel entitled because of that one decision.

And you are saying he attempted to head butt him in the back of the head. It was upper back at best. That is no different to someone shoving someone, not just once mind you. Raising your hands and a headbutt equals the same punishment.
Can I please play in a game when your reffing as if I push someone I'll argue that I was just getting the ball back and quote you on this. If not expect a card at all.
If I shove someone, I expect a card, especially if done in a violent way.
I was just stating my opinion 😂 It depends in the manner you push someone; in my eyes he was trying to get the ball back and it wasn’t with excessive force unlike the headbutt. You have your opinion and I have mine. In regards to the penalty I wouldn’t complain if there was contact but there literally wasn’t any.

Disgraceful narcissistic YouTube nonsense for which he'll get a slap on the wrist

Which is managerial speak for 'I don't want to get into any more trouble, lets just move on'
He’s actually got a history of supporting referees... recently he praised British referees and their professionalism I believe it was

Back