A&H

Leeds v Bees

The Referee Store
Interesting incident (difficult call). I struggle to award anything to a player guilty of deception (other than a caution)

Wasn’t condoning what he said, but I like seeing his passion and felt the same about the penalty and how the ref didn’t give a second yellow to one of their players but gave ours a second player for a not bookable challenge in the last minute... he wears a magic hat;)

Wasn’t condoning what he said, but I like seeing his passion and felt the same about the penalty and how the ref didn’t give a second yellow to one of their players but gave ours a second player for a not bookable challenge in the last minute... he wears a magic hat;)

Got to disagree there, the Ayling challenge was an easy second yellow. Promising attack stopped, didn't play the ball and caught the player half way up his thigh.

Got to disagree there, the Ayling challenge was an easy second yellow. Promising attack stopped, didn't play the ball and caught the player half way up his thigh.
Fair enough but have you seen the challenge that wasn’t given a yellow? It was a very late heavy sliding challenge. Very poor consistency imo

Fair enough but have you seen the challenge that wasn’t given a yellow? It was a very late heavy sliding challenge. Very poor consistency imo

I haven't, only going by the highlights I saw on Sky Sports unfortunately.

But saying that, I'm a Middlesbrough fan so going to go ahead and say it wasn't a red card :cool:

I haven't, only going by the highlights I saw on Sky Sports unfortunately.

But saying that, I'm a Middlesbrough fan so going to go ahead and say it wasn't a red card :cool:
😂😂 I don’t usually get annoyed at referee mistakes but safe to say that game was an exception

😂😂 I don’t usually get annoyed at referee mistakes but safe to say that game was an exception

Always the way against your own side. Probably the same reason why every football fan hates Daniel Ayala, whereas myself as a Boro fan thinks he needs more protection! ;)

Interesting incident (difficult call). I struggle to award anything to a player guilty of deception (other than a caution)
It's a dive. The attacker chose to make contact with the keeper by taking the dive and dragging the feet.
If he didn't do that and contact was made, it'd be a foul - but because he took a dive, we have no way of knowing if that would have been the natural outcome. So, it's a dive.

Or he could have been protecting his ankles from the keeper sliding in.
Still doesn't look good thoughon the forwards part.

And someone mentioned the head butt.

Did they seem to ignore the push by the Leeds player a second before on the assistant manager? And why was he even in the technical area to begin with? Retrieving the ball? Hard one, the ball literally just got into the technical area and thus not given the team a chance to return before going in hands raised.

I agree that the refereeing performance was a bit questionable but both teams were guilty of playing the referee it seems, and that Leeds fans, as seen on Twitter, can not take not winning at home and seemingly feel entitled that they have to start a petition about the referee.
I bet they've never conned the referee before, whether the fans accept it or not.

It's a dive. The attacker chose to make contact with the keeper by taking the dive and dragging the feet.
If he didn't do that and contact was made, it'd be a foul - but because he took a dive, we have no way of knowing if that would have been the natural outcome. So, it's a dive.
Isn't that exactly what i inferred?

Back