Last Night's training with my RA

Richard smith

Had a real good training session with my RA last night

Shown below are my HR time in zone stats
Session time was 1hr 15 minutes
Can anyone in the know tell me are these stats good, bad or indifferent
Zone time 51021.PNG

The Referee Store
No real way of saying as different people have different max HR rates, based on age, body composition, health, and so on. My average heart rate when training is very high compared to others my age, so for me that would be a fairly easy session (if they were my stats). My brother is the polar opposite, and his heart rate stays low even when running sub 3 hour marathons, and for him that would be a very difficult session.

My HR also stays low but my high band is that same 157 based on some longer multifaceted tests.

It’s totally unique to you, i very very rarely go over 150 in a match, but I’ll do 160 running a hill, so for me that’s a good session you got there. ;)

Also depends what activity/ies you were doing. Heart rates are very personal and only we know the level of exertion we were giving and how our heart rate reflects that.
I myself, whatever activity, have a very high heart rate. My max is somewhere in the 190s. So I can have sessions that I feel are easy but will be 75-80‰ in heart rate zone 5.
But I can recover quickly, and my resting HR is in the 40s/ very low 50s... Even when I do low intensity jogging I struggle to keep the heart rate low.

Also depends what activity/ies you were doing. Heart rates are very personal and only we know the level of exertion we were giving and how our heart rate reflects that.
I myself, whatever activity, have a very high heart rate. My max is somewhere in the 190s. So I can have sessions that I feel are easy but will be 75-80‰ in heart rate zone 5.
But I can recover quickly, and my resting HR is in the 40s/ very low 50s... Even when I do low intensity jogging I struggle to keep the heart rate low.

Yeah, that sounds like me. Do something strenuous like the fitness test and I can exceed 190, but my resting heart rate is in the normal levels.

I spoke to my GP about it as I was a bit worried about how high my HR was going. She just trotted out the same line about everyone being different, and as long as your resting heart rate and blood pressure is normal there is nothing to worry about if your exertion heart rate is high.

Back