A&H

Junior/Youth Junior Football & mandatory cautions

The Referee Store
stick on yellow card for me totally no need to do it. and they would be told because you see players act like idiots on tv doesnt mean you do it

What is youth football for? Perhaps at this level its doubly tricky as the younger refs in our league (14/15) may not want to card and as we don't have a dedicated refs secretary we have not had clear guidance on what is expected from us and the teams. I was going to ping him for the edge of area foul as I would have for any OA game but what does the card teach him? Do you ref under 10s haywain?

I don't, dan, but fa rules for mini soccer, (u9/u10) state, quite clearly, that normal fouls and misconduct rules apply, as per the lotg

Last edited:
I seriously can't imagine myself doing U9, I mean the very few times I do U15 some players already looks like babies and 98% of them are afraid of contact

U10 on a full size field?
Pull the other one...
HAha, I know hey. It's the truth - but they look absolutely swamped. Worst part is, many of them are taught quite rigid positioning. Sometimes the entire defensive line won't move off the edge of the PA. But oh well, they manage. They have shortened GK and CK

a slam down of the ball after one decision

That's a caution at ANY age.
You're doing noone any favours letting that behaviour go.
YC for shirt removal celebration at any level. I am certainly more lenient with some stuff at youth but I personally am cautioning for these 2 all day long.

Don't think I've had this before, but for me I'd let the player know that he should not take his shirt off, and then have a word with the managers to let them know that the yellow's coming out next time it happens

Back