A&H

Junior County Cup Final Dress Code

sad young referees feel that way

I'm 35. I played in 2 county cup finals. I've no idea what the Ref wore, I can't remember what they looked like and I never knew their name. I do remember we equalised from a penalty in the first final that was soft to say the least. That's what I remember, the actual performance of the ref during the KMI's.

We all have different views on what's appropriate attire and that's absolutely fine. But what we shouldn't get hung up is the idea that it matters, because it doesn't.

The Referee Store
Nothing wrong with looking professional. Yes, three officials in identical smart tracksuits would also look professional but how many amateur refs have identical tracksuits? Suits don't need to match to look smart.

I'm 35. I played in 2 county cup finals. I've no idea what the Ref wore, I can't remember what they looked like and I never knew their name. I do remember we equalised from a penalty in the first final that was soft to say the least. That's what I remember, the actual performance of the ref during the KMI's.

We all have different views on what's appropriate attire and that's absolutely fine. But what we shouldn't get hung up is the idea that it matters, because it doesn't.
didn't matter to you as a player. But as a ref we dont turn up and introduce ourselves to the players. We introduce ourselves to secretaries etc.
At level 4 and above you are sometimes invited into boardroom for pre and post match refreshments. Some of those boardrooms are strictly collar and tie.

didn't matter to you as a player. But as a ref we dont turn up and introduce ourselves to the players. We introduce ourselves to secretaries etc.
At level 4 and above you are sometimes invited into boardroom for pre and post match refreshments. Some of those boardrooms are strictly collar and tie.

We're referencing junior finals here not semi pro football. The days of collar and ties in boardrooms are also on the decline thankfully. I'll be in the tunnel club at the Etihad in a couple of hours and the dress code is whatever you want to wear. As previously mentioned, the corporate world is going away for formal dress and sport is beginning to follow and I'm all for it

I had a cup final this evening, I turned up in a suit with county tie, all the match officials were in suits, thats just how it is where I am.

I'm not bothered about wearing a suit it's no hardship, bit strange in the lounge afterwards when everyone else is in tracksuit or shorts and tshirts

Whether it's step 7 middle or line, division 2 or reserves I always turn up wearing shirt and ties (& trousers of course). I'll wear a suit to our cup final on Friday night. Sunday league and other Saturday leagues obviously don't require this unless it's a final.

I reffed a game at a Championship club the other night, smart work clothes and ref jacket but no tie. Got a 4th official appointment in a final at a different Championship club in a couple of weeks which I imagine will be suit and tie. I've no problem wearing what's requested, I just don't believe it to be important these days. I'm not advocating turning up to games in jeans or just in your ref kit, I just don't think suits and ties are important these days. It really isn't an important issue in the scheme of things

Back