A&H

Jewellery Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of interest, at this time of year, how do members of the brethren check for rings underneath gloves...?

The Referee Store
Is it really a misplaced rule when examples have already been given of serious injury occurring because of jewellery though?
I think it is misplaced
Leaving the house every day involves risk, driving to the game involves risk. Playing football definitely involves risk, but taping up a wedding ring is not in the same ball park
For what it's worth, I always check for jewellery. Watches, bracelets, necklaces, nose rings, you name it. Unexpectedly, I rarely come across any, however, I ought to start searching for knives based on what players have allegedly been saying to one another in my games recently

When a ring on a finger is considered a safety issue but the solution is to cut it off with a grinder then the person who made that decision must consider his decision making!
The referee in question was fighting for a spot at the World Cup finals. He wasn't going to let someone play with a ring because that would've been the end of his competition.

While I am imagining this used by a jeweller or a surgeon :)
View attachment 2939
It was much closer to this (though the grinding "blade" was soft and barely abraided the skin when it went against skin.

The whole process took about 10 minutes from start to finish. 4O checked equipment, informed team of corrections needed. Left, brought referee, referee checked two pieces of equipment that 4O wasn't 100% on, one was good, the other was the ring. Equipment manager got grinder out, ring off, player played.

Out of interest, at this time of year, how do members of the brethren check for rings underneath gloves...?
Don't go looking for trouble. Similar to wristbands covering festival bracelets. Unless it's obvious, you don't know about it

Interestingly I had a guy wearing a sweatband on top of his two inch Garmin with HRM. Way too obvious and I told him to take it off.

It was much closer to this (though the grinding "blade" was soft and barely abraided the skin when it went against skin.
I know the type. The blade doesn't actually spin. It vibrates so it cuts solid material but tickles the skin. Similar things are used to cut the plaster cast of an arm.

That's one, you promised plenty :)

Six second law.
Encroachment at penalty kicks.
Dissent (certainly at top level).
Unsporting Behaviour (ie feigning injury/assault)
Time wasting.

All the above are given the "laissez faire" treatment in the Premier League. ;)

Six second law.
Time wasting.

We're not discussing Premier League here (unless we have a few hidden Prem refs), we're discussing the LOTG that we apparently don't follow at the below levels

We're not discussing Premier League here (unless we have a few hidden Prem refs), we're discussing the LOTG that we apparently don't follow at the below levels

Didn't say we were or weren't.

In any event, the first 4 examples given could be said of "some" referees at any level.

Six second law.
Time wasting.

Players treated on the fop
Throw in not taken from the 'point the ball crossed the touchline'
Free kicks , esp offside not taken exactly from where the offence took place
'Careless' holding & pushing at corners/free kicks

Didn't say we were or weren't.

In any event, the first 4 examples given could be said of "some" referees at any level.

And are we going to not enforce those 4 examples because "some" referees don't? This thread is genuinely worrying to see as a relatively new referee that some are picking and choosing which rules to enforce

Right - we are done on this. Way off original topic.

there are numerous discussion about why the Prem referees don't do what we have to do, so no visiting useless topic....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back