A&H

Jewellery Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

leicester Ref

My game on 19/01/19. Player as tape on his finger. Told him to take ring off. told me he's keeping it on. Told him he won't be playing. Told me the
other refs let him tape it up. told him once more he won't be playing. Two more players came up with same, they got the same answer. Started the
game with no jewellery on any players. There was an incident years ago when the metal crossbars had metal hooks and some players ripped their fingers
off. I know the goals have been modified now and it maybe a thing of the past, but in the l.o.t.g. players equipment no jewellery. All refs out their
are you with me on this one?...

The Referee Store
Absolutely. It's the fault of years of refs letting this go that allows players to think they can get away with it. Make them take it off, or they're not playing.

Womens football is a mine-field for this. Tell the coaches before to get it all off, jewllery check still find ear / nose studs, comes off or not playing. At Substitutions, still got this and that, coaches look at you as if you're making it up.

It doesn't come off - oh well not my problem. Magically it comes off (though had some unhappy ladies when the fabric wrist band have to be cut off lol), or when eyebrow studs have to come out that have just been done. Only one that I have let slip are tongue piercings - not asking everyone to stick their tongue out, but if seen I ask, but don't demand (but there's alwasy one that asks if her "other" pierceing need to come out too)

Then it's your fault that they couldnt make the sub when they needed it, that they're down to 10 cos someone's injured etc ......

I quite literally can't get my wedding ring off because i reckon i broke several fingers over the years playing in goal
If that gets me marked down in observations, tough luck!

I quite literally can't get my wedding ring off because i reckon i broke several fingers over the years playing in goal
If that gets me marked down in observations, tough luck!
Hope you tape it up...............

Absolutely. It's the fault of years of refs letting this go that allows players to think they can get away with it. Make them take it off, or they're not playing.

More annoying is seeing referees wearing rings...

I was watching one match, a referee who had earned promotion - though I'm unsure how, he was not mobile at all... He came over to chat to someone at half-time and there he was running around with a ring on his finger. I don't see how you can enforce the laws if you're not following them yourself.

Mind you, he allowed a player to step off the pitch to answer a mobile phone, so I guess I saw all sorts of strange stuff that day.

More annoying is seeing referees wearing rings...

I was watching one match, a referee who had earned promotion - though I'm unsure how, he was not mobile at all... He came over to chat to someone at half-time and there he was running around with a ring on his finger. I don't see how you can enforce the laws if you're not following them yourself.

Mind you, he allowed a player to step off the pitch to answer a mobile phone, so I guess I saw all sorts of strange stuff that day.
Well, I've expressed my objection to your view. Taped up is fine imo, but my ring will be with me to the grave unless I get rid of the missus. Even then, it would be a shame to cut through precious metal. Football needs to worry about the stuff that actually makes a difference
Edit: it's more likely she'll get shot of moi

Well, I've expressed my objection to your view. Taped up is fine imo, but my ring will be with me to the grave unless I get rid of the missus. Even then, it would be a shame to cut through precious metal. Football needs to worry about the stuff that actually makes a difference
Edit: it's more likely she'll get shot of moi

Just as long as you aware that means you won't be able to get promoted, certainly not beyond level 5 anyway. You can't insist that players take their wedding ring off if you don't follow that law yourself.

Just as long as you aware that means you won't be able to get promoted, certainly not beyond level 5 anyway. You can't insist that players take their wedding ring off if you don't follow that law yourself.
I don't give a *****
Aside from my jest, marriage and a wedding ring are more important than the nonsense laws you obey

I had a game played on 4G today. Looking at results, there were lots of games played before 11am with qualified officials at the helm
The ground was frozen solid. My bet, is it's the same referees that allowed these games to happen who give it the big'un regarding things that don't matter a jot
When I played (under presumably L4 refs) a taped up finger was normal. Guess what? None of us lost a finger. Aside from not being able to remove my band, I'm someone who questions misplaced rules, rather then worshipping them

Last edited:
I had a game played on 4G today. Looking at results, there were lots of games played before 11am with qualified officials at the helm
The ground was frozen solid. My bet, is it's the same referees that allowed these games to happen who give it the bug'un regarding things that don't matter a jot
What I played (under presumably L4 refs) a taped up finger was normal. Guess what? None of us lost a finger. Aside from not being able to remove my band, I'm someone who questions misplaced rules, rather then worshipping them
Worship is a little strong. Complies with laws which don't make sense of the sake of not giving someone a reason not to promote you is another way of thinking of it.

Is it really a misplaced rule when examples have already been given of serious injury occurring because of jewellery though?
Far, far, far more injuries occur because of bladed boots or studs, but have they banned them yet??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back