A&H

It was nice while it lasted...

My supply league is now suspended. Next review date is Jan 18th. We've got 3 clubs still in the FA Vase which is going ahead at the moment with one of them in a Tier 4 area that has a next round home draw.

May as well just pack up until next summer..

The Referee Store
Isthmian Senior, Under 23s and Under 18s all put on hold now.

I was down to do 2 JPL finals on Saturday (1 AR, 1 Ref) but that has been postponed as well - tbh I had already come off that - 16 teams & team officials and parents from all over the country didn't strike me as sensible - but local Youth league is carrying on, although I hardly ever officiate on that now and won't be at the moment.

All leagues in Cornwall have suspended now that we are in tier 3. Western league too. County senior Cup off as well

Isthmian Senior, Under 23s and Under 18s all put on hold now.

I was down to do 2 JPL finals on Saturday (1 AR, 1 Ref) but that has been postponed as well - tbh I had already come off that - 16 teams & team officials and parents from all over the country didn't strike me as sensible - but local Youth league is carrying on, although I hardly ever officiate on that now and won't be at the moment.
Don't think the Youth Leagues will resume until the schools are back (at the earliest)

Kids can't travel between tier 4 areas to play, I doubt you'll find many games where's both sides are all from the same council area.

With tier 4 right across mainland Scotland just now, there’s nothing until January 16th at least. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s longer than that though.

Kids can't travel between tier 4 areas to play, I doubt you'll find many games where's both sides are all from the same council area.
Millions where I live. 500 Youth games every Sunday within 7 or 8 mile radius

We still have one league in our pool (step 7) still operational (or not yet confirmed as postponed) so looks like there will be some footy in Jan. I've lost a step 5 middle with a step 6 middle later in the month likely to go too.

Not to mention a week away in the dales at the start of Feb :(

Harrow Youth League confirmed today that they ARE resuming on 10th Jan
Actually, 500 games is a big underestimation within said radius. I was only accounting for The Watford Friendly & West Herts Youth. If we also considered Harrow & Mid Herts, not to mention Bucks, the number of kids games within reach would be staggering. Not including girls footy which seems to be a Saturday thing in our neck of the woods

Of the small fraction who continue playing beyond 15 or 16, yet fewer of them progress into the Big Lads game

You’d be surprised. I’m in Greater Manchester and the vast majority of games are able to go ahead as planned as most of the teams are within the GM boundaries. My youth league starts up again on Saturday.

You’d be surprised. I’m in Greater Manchester and the vast majority of games are able to go ahead as planned as most of the teams are within the GM boundaries. My youth league starts up again on Saturday.
They've split up the areas more round my way, so it's very likely most teams will have players from different areas.

I live in a tier 3 area but very few adult games are going ahead. I think theres 3 or 4 games out of the 11 divisions in the lower amateur leagues being played this Saturday (and they will be off due to the frost). The County League and the Toolstation Leagues aren't starting up at all and reviewing the situation towards the end of Jan when the government reasses. Its all a bit grim for football this Winter.

This is bad news, although not unexpected
Don't have to be a mathematician to understand the significance of the dramatically higher reproduceability
Ironic that Lockdown measures (when combined with open schools), may have contributed to the advantageous spread of this new variant among U20's

Isthmian League and the other "trident leagues" want season to be declared null and void. They have written to all clubs asking their views.

In the meantime Isthmian League is suspended until 6th March.

Isthmian League and the other "trident leagues" want season to be declared null and void. They have written to all clubs asking their views.

In the meantime Isthmian League is suspended until 6th March.
Ditto "Southern league and trident leagues"

Null and void incoming :(

Wonder what local/amateur/Sunday football will do. With so many games to fit in will they just sack it off too?

Also wondering what might happen with L4/3 promotions, whether they abandon it altogether, promote based on barely half a season or just role over marks into next season...(I'm not quite in the ball park for promotion alas)

Got to assume some L4/3 will drop off so there'll be gaps that need to be filled. Interesting to see what the FA decide to do.

They'll be plenty of times folding, last year they choose not full any spaces if they do that again you might get 14 team leagues.
Presume they will delay the league restructure again.

Some grassroots league will look at finishing their leagues in different ways. PPG is an option (if you can to 50%); converting league position into cup seedings. If we can start again, we will be looking for 6 weeks football.

Any later and it will just be cricket 🏏 aeason

Null and void incoming :(

Wonder what local/amateur/Sunday football will do. With so many games to fit in will they just sack it off too?

Also wondering what might happen with L4/3 promotions, whether they abandon it altogether, promote based on barely half a season or just role over marks into next season...(I'm not quite in the ball park for promotion alas)

Got to assume some L4/3 will drop off so there'll be gaps that need to be filled. Interesting to see what the FA decide to do.

I wonder how many refs might sack it off as well. We'll have had almost 18 months of highly disrupted football by the lltime we get to the start of next season and I suspect that for quite a few they'll have found that Saturday afternoons not revolving around football is quite acceptable.

Reactions: es1
Back