A&H

It had to happen..........

mikedn

Referee/Mentor
The home side scored a goal....reached for my book to note it....aaaargh! no pencil, what the!!!! Reached down to my sock to retrieve my spare..yes you're right i forgot to put one in:mad: For the next 15 minutes or so i was hoping i wasn't going to have to caution anyone and at the same time look for my pencil could i find it? could i hell..:eek: So blew whistle for free kick started pacing 10 yards and what was in front of me? MY PENCIL quickly retrieved that and at half time put a spare in my sock...Phew! Apart from that very good game end to end football one yellow for USB, Got a 95/100 from away team and 80/100 from home team and a good 3-3 draw.

The Referee Store
Haven't forgotten a pen or pencil but the cold last the other Tuesday I couldn't feel my fingers for the first half hour of the game. Luckily there weren't any need for a card!

They pay because they're obligated to in order to participate in whatever League they're in
As a ref you don't provide a service to the teams, you provide a service to your County/League

I'm really shocked to read things like that, as if refereeing was like being a plumber

Yesterday I gave my two very first reds of the season, both to one team, both justified, but how do you think they would have grade me after this ? And don't you think plenty of refs would try to please the teams rather to apply the LOTG in order to get good grades ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hertsfinest: when the managers give me the team sheets after the match the club marks have been filled in at bottom of the sheet,but not all teams do it

Because the marks aren't representative of the performance or ability of the ref.

Most clubs tend to mark fair.

If counties follow the correct guidelines for promotion for 7-6 / 6-5 you won't get promoted unless your in the top half for club marks of your league average.

Also if you're out of band b for clubs your very unlikely to get promoted from 4-3 too.

I actually have a pencil in the card wallet in a pencil holder,then another tucked in one of my socks....best to have and not need...than need and not have.

Most clubs tend to mark fair.

If counties follow the correct guidelines for promotion for 7-6 / 6-5 you won't get promoted unless your in the top half for club marks of your league average.

Also if you're out of band b for clubs your very unlikely to get promoted from 4-3 too.

Which is why it is a nonsense. I've been marked 60 by a team where my ref sec watched the game and the other team marked 65. This was because one team had a red for OFFINABUS and the other lost to a last minute penalty. I had one of the best games I've ever had and my ref sec concurred

This is why promotion should be far more heavily weighted to assessments not club marks

We provide a service which they pay for, why shouldn't they be allowed to mark us?
I disagree, what if league rules stipulate you are paid fully by only the home team? The away side has not paid for your service, so it looks like the decisions are only going one way...

Back