A&H

Iran Vs Spain

The Referee Store
Cunha's badge just fell off. Wonder weather the shirts are actually given to the refs with badges on, but they are just horrible quality and hence fell off. I don't think that at least 4 different officials couldn't be able to properly attach the badge to the shirt.

The flag is virtually certain to go up in such circumstances now however, as it can't be wrong. I've conceded at times over the last week or so, that there is a need for VAR, but the current implementation has the potential to kill the game. I don't know what the answer is tbh
I might be wrong... wouldn't be the first time

Cunha's badge just fell off. Wonder weather the shirts are actually given to the refs with badges on, but they are just horrible quality and hence fell off. I don't think that at least 4 different officials couldn't be able to properly attach the badge to the shirt.

FIFA don't allow their badge to be embroidered on, rather referees are issues with a new badge each year and they stick it on.

Here you go BC. I'll await your next insult on me.

VAR didn't take away an Iranian goal. The AR correctly called it live.

It was clear the assistant called it live, especially as the referee had his arm up for the IDFK within a couple of seconds. The VAR was certainly checking to see whether the number 20 had flicked it on, and that seemed to take a long time.

That great call by the AR at the goal is a reminder of how amazing - and consistent - the top officials are with offsides (without you know what!)

That great call by the AR at the goal is a reminder of how amazing - and consistent - the top officials are with offsides (without you know what!)
Either the assistant is top notch, spotting the slightest of glances from a distance thru a body of players, or the flag is very easy to raise. The assistant is now redundant in such circumstances because any close call resulting in a goal will be reviewed anyway. The assistants have been relegated to glorified ball boys

This is absurd. What about the hundreds of offside decisions made by ARs this tournament that had nothing to do with VAR? Oh right, those don't fit your narrative.
My statement was exaggerated, but not absurd. Of course there are lots of less critical offside calls, but even they are subject to the late flag mandate. Taking the Iranian free kick into account, the assistant may as well have sat it out because any offside from that set piece was always going to be tight and therefore subject to review (if scored)

There are offside cameras at every ground and there are two persons watching for offside. I would not be surprised if the AR got an offside shout. The ground camera shot shows the AR out of position on the header so I feel he had to get help as his view of Iran 6 was severely compromised. Anyway it was offside and I am not sure if the review was to confirm the offside decision or for that matter to satisfy Iran that it was looked at with the correct decision made

There are offside cameras at every ground and there are two persons watching for offside. I would not be surprised if the AR got an offside shout. The ground camera shot shows the AR out of position on the header so I feel he had to get help as his view of Iran 6 was severely compromised. Anyway it was offside and I am not sure if the review was to confirm the offside decision or for that matter to satisfy Iran that it was looked at with the correct decision made

Being out of position probably aided him in having a clearer view of the number 20 flicking it on, the number 6 was clearly miles off if you were certain of a touch.

What was the IDFK to Iran for? Ball stuck in loads of Iranian bodies in the goalmouth; surprised Hoddle didn't call for a penalty for handball.

At the Spanish goalmouth scramble?

IDFK for challenging the keeper in possession of the ball (kicking when he had his hands on it) or playing in a dangerous manner. Just guessing though, either works.

Back