A&H

Interesting red card

WRT the foul, I could live with RP but am leaning towards SFP
WRT the throw, ordinarily we'd need to determine if it was reckless or excessive force. On that basis, the correct sanction would be a caution. However, any physical contact against a match official would be a dismissal and throwing an object at the ref is equivalent
The ref would know instantly he's likely fecked up on the foul, so I'd be looking for a way out with the boot throw. For me therefore, the player threw his boot at the ground as an act of dissent

The Referee Store
No card for the foul and red card for the injured player, is the worst possible combination outcome imo

I had to go to slow mo and look at it very closely, just realised it is indeed a yellow card out first. Cant tell if he changed his mind to a straight red or or it's a second yellow red.

1555414899743.png

I had to go to slow mo and look at it very closely, just realised it is indeed a yellow card out first. Cant tell if he changed his mind to a straight red or or it's a second yellow red.

I would take a wild guess that the first reaction was that the shoe was thrown down in a visible dissent, and that the R got help from an AR or 4th that it was directed at the R. Once it is directed at the R, it has to be red, regardless of how badly he botched the call on the tackle. (I'll be slightly more lenient on dissent when I think I might have botched a call, but not on anything physical, which includes throwing a shoe.)

Surely they're miked up at this level?
You'd think a well placed AR would have a good view of that tackle and be screaming down the refs ear.
These type of tackles are often let go, the kind where the defenders 100% gets all of the ball but goes in with the speed that is going to wipe out the attacker every time. The fans love them but they are fouls. See them in the EPL all the time

Surely they're miked up at this level?
You'd think a well placed AR would have a good view of that tackle and be screaming down the refs ear.
These type of tackles are often let go, the kind where the defenders 100% gets all of the ball but goes in with the speed that is going to wipe out the attacker every time. The fans love them but they are fouls. See them in the EPL all the time
Duesex, you’re talking complete sense, welcome back! 👏👏👏

Back