A&H

I had a parent "square up" to me tonight!!

I'm Stateside Mr H, so not sleeping has nothing to do with it. I get to look through the forum at all sorts of strange BST hours!
I was merely ensuring that a number of posters within this thread were aware of a staff member's presence, to ensure it doesn't go beyond the line!
I know you're stateside Dan and I thought it was about 3am EDT when you posted, which is why I asked ;)

The Referee Store
The reasoning behind the team folding being a good thing (form my earlier post) is that these are young kids who will only adopt attitudes shown to them by 'adults.'.

Chances are that the chappy in question does this sort of thing pretty regular. And then it comes down to the team management to remove these people for the benefit of the other kids.

If this team is forced to fold, the other kids will hopefukly join better run clubs where troublemakers like this get one strike and are out which will benefit all of us in the long run.

If all these clubs keep having to fold it improves the overall pool of clubs. Natural selection if you will. Only the better teams survive to make it to the troublesome teenage footballing years, hopefully as more rounded and respectful footballers.

Of course eventually they will go to open age which is an automatic demotion into bovine cluster of idiocy territory but that's never going to change.

Well said @HertsFinest !
It's what I was trying to say but you said it 10x better haha.
Also you haven't left yourself open to the morality police, who are a mounted police unit on high horses, who operate on here - well done !

The reasoning behind the team folding being a good thing (form my earlier post) is that these are young kids who will only adopt attitudes shown to them by 'adults.'.

Chances are that the chappy in question does this sort of thing pretty regular. And then it comes down to the team management to remove these people for the benefit of the other kids.

If this team is forced to fold, the other kids will hopefukly join better run clubs where troublemakers like this get one strike and are out which will benefit all of us in the long run.

If all these clubs keep having to fold it improves the overall pool of clubs. Natural selection if you will. Only the better teams survive to make it to the troublesome teenage footballing years, hopefully as more rounded and respectful footballers.

Of course eventually they will go to open age which is an automatic demotion into bovine cluster of idiocy territory but that's never going to change.
So all those kids who play for fun but aren't good enough to get into one of these clubs who can afford to pick and choose from all the spare players, then loses his opportunity to play football in an organised setup. Natural selection only works for the survivors, ask the dodo

So all those kids who play for fun but aren't good enough to get into one of these clubs who can afford to pick and choose from all the spare players, then loses his opportunity to play football in an organised setup. Natural selection only works for the survivors, ask the dodo
And that's why there are teams spread across divisions... the lower league clubs don't operate such strict policies, and often kids who are playing for well run clubs but don't get match time will choose to go to a "worse" team to get a better chance at playing in matches - and "worse" teams - in my experience - are often just as well run as the better teams, just that their initial squads haven't been great, and success breeds success (and vice versa). You'd have to be pretty bad for the team at the bottom of division Z to not want you, and I would suggest if that's the case then school football is where it is at, or another sport entirely.

And that's why there are teams spread across divisions... the lower league clubs don't operate such strict policies, and often kids who are playing for well run clubs but don't get match time will choose to go to a "worse" team to get a better chance at playing in matches - and "worse" teams - in my experience - are often just as well run as the better teams, just that their initial squads haven't been great, and success breeds success (and vice versa). You'd have to be pretty bad for the team at the bottom of division Z to not want you, and I would suggest if that's the case then school football is where it is at, or another sport entirely.
You obviously live in an area where there is enough money for clubs to run a "fun" team. As for do another sport, yes that is an option. While football is undoubtedly the best sport in the world, rugby and athletics go close in terms of satisfaction.

Getting back to the o/p, the most important thing is to keep calm. As soon as you raise your voice you are in trouble and it sounds like you managed that. Well done.
A watertight report should see justice done.

At Under 8s? I can't imagine many teams rejecting players on ability

there is a team in that tournament who offers trials for 6 weeks to kids.... disgraceful for a grassroots team of age 7 etc.

anyway, the report says submitted on WGS. Does that get updated when the investigation by the CFA etc is complete? i've never done one before.

there is a team in that tournament who offers trials for 6 weeks to kids.... disgraceful for a grassroots team of age 7 etc.

anyway, the report says submitted on WGS. Does that get updated when the investigation by the CFA etc is complete? i've never done one before.
You won't receive any updates on the matter now it has been submitted unless you follow up with your County's Governance Department and even then you may not get any info.

Look at moment adult leagues in my area are really struggling at moment for teams and at this rate junior referees like myself won't have enough grassroots football experience and I'll be falling on semi professional teams for promotion yes we go out to enforce the games but we also use abit of common sense because otherwise at this rate adult football is going out the window so we need to think about our attitudes and if possible try not to always fine clubs for fun of it

Look at moment adult leagues in my area are really struggling at moment for teams and at this rate junior referees like myself won't have enough grassroots football experience and I'll be falling on semi professional teams for promotion yes we go out to enforce the games but we also use abit of common sense because otherwise at this rate adult football is going out the window so we need to think about our attitudes and if possible try not to always fine clubs for fun of it
It's not just your area @ref craig many areas are suffering from falling participation rates. In Leeds, two longstanding leagues have disappeared since the end of last season, one in Huddersfield looks like it's going to have to merge or fail and it's the same story over in Lancashire where I visited last weekend.

The availability of small sided football with it's lack of long term commitment (and match duration) coupled with the trouble of running an 11 a side team (and cost of field hire) is killing grassroots football.

Funny one of my leagues has had 3 teams drop out and welcomed 13 new ones this year
Have to say that's a rarity though and not normally the way it is

It all just depends where you live... In Hartlepool, especially in theyouth leagues there tends to be one massive umbrella team like "st.francis" or "greatham" that then have loads of different age group teams from u6's-u21's (sometimes more than one age group team - e.g. Two u15 teams) and they all compete in the various north east legues.
Any kid up here could find a team to play for regardless of his ability or skill

I hope this isn't classified as 'digging up an old post' and if it is I apologise ...

but going back to the OP, I had a very similar incident when I first started out refereeing. I was a mere 16 years old, refereeing a school match (the school I attended against a rival school in the county cup) we arrive to the 70th minute, 2-1 to the reds (my old school) - red attacker runs to the edge of the box, takes a touch inside and is recklessly hauled to the floor by blue #5 (shall never forget that number) - I blow for the PK, issue the player over and show a YC (no DOGSO, but was worthy of yellow regardless of pitch location) - with that he start to verbally abuse me, I tell him to be quiet and walk away or he shall be walking, is team mates try calming him and as he walks away he snips 'useless f***ing p***k' - I call him back over, re-affirm what I had said about his language and show a 2nd yellow and the red!

red team go onto win 5-1 ... cut to after the game, waiting outside the school for my pops to pick me up, builders sitting opposite where I sat - when this pal blue Jaguar S-Type (see, never forget it) pulls up, outsteps this elderly gentleman (#5's granddad) with #5 and 2 other team mates and his nan in the passenger seat! he claimed I had called his grandson a whole host of names, and laughed and joked with red team about how I was 'making sure red team won regardless' - utter rubbish! which I told him it was and asked him if he has an issue with my conduct then to report it to firstly his grandsons school, and secondly the CFA - he then told me that he'll go one better and give me 'a right good hiding' - I crapped myself and fortunately the builders got out of the van, and suggested the old boy move on or it would be he that gets the kicking - then was sat in the builders van with them until my dad got there!

was reported to the CFA and the school borough where he was formerly banned from attending the school for any 'extra curriculum activities' and Essex FA also issued a lifetime ban against attending any youth football !!

Police were also involved and issued him with a formal caution for his threatening behaviour.

can say I was very happy by the CFA actions!

Back