A&H

Howard Webb retires

The Referee Store
Btw, any further comments, in jest or not, about his 'bias' towards Man Utd WILL result in a ban from RefChat, and I'm being deadly serious. Got fed up yesterday reading the crap comments & jokes about it, so I'm not standing for it on here!

How is that a healthy attitude to have as admin, it's stances like that that lead to forums being stifled and dull. It's not like he's passed away, he's simply retired. People can comment on his history but you can't mention a joke that we all know isn't true just merely a light jibe. But I guess it's your ball and you can take it home if you like.

How is that a healthy attitude to have as admin, it's stances like that that lead to forums being stifled and dull. It's not like he's passed away, he's simply retired. People can comment on his history but you can't mention a joke that we all know isn't true just merely a light jibe. But I guess it's your ball and you can take it home if you like.

But when the comments are a load of rubbish, is there really any need for them?!

Matty, firstly I'm a moderator, not an admin - Ross is the only admin.

I don't want this form to be stifled & dull, far from it. However, to continually read pointless, idiotic comments in relation to Howard Webb's supposed bias towards Man United is ridiculous. In addition to that, what's the worst thing someone can say to you, as a ref? For me, it's either accusing me of cheating/bias or downright saying it. With that in mind, why would I want to see fellow referees accusing Howard Webb of it?

Just to add finally, I hadn't seen any comments on this site at the time of writing my first post, was merely putting a pre-warning out there!

what an absolute buffoon...these people astound me - my attitude to my friends who question 'why do you referee' - my simple response is...if i didnt then you would t have a game to play

Back