A&H

How unsporting

JoeMaloney5

Level 7 Referee
When team A's manager asked for the game to be stopped there was 27 minutes left i said I will blow once the game had
been restarted as the other team had just scored to make it 12 - 0.As I was about to blow when a player on team B called an
opposing player a "****ing fat ****" at which he received a second yellow and a red card. The team Bmanager came running
ONTO the pitch whilst the game was still going ahead as it had not been abandonned yet and came right In my face in the centre
circle he was screaming "your a joke" and saying "You can't put that red card through because if you do lad I will make sure you
never referee again you will be finished" this was extremely threatening and intimidating at which point I told him to leave the
pitch and I had to ask him 3 times as he point blank refussed saying " No I need to have words with you" he eventually left after
team A's manager came on and got in between us and told him that he can't abuse the ref like he is doing the team A
manager then shouted to his lads "come on lads off the pitch we are going " The game was abandoned at the request of
team A's manager as he took his lads off the pitch with the score being 12-0. If it wasn't for the score the game would've been
abandoned anyways because of the behaviour of Team B's manager and his players who were calling me names such as
"ginger" and "****". When I was signing the sheet with the team A's manager the team B's manager was there and he said "You
can't report me mind if you do I'll finish you as a ref you will never referee again it's your choice" I told him that I would be reporting
his behaviour at which point he shouted "Ok well I will report you and ill make sure that you never ref again You ****WIT" at this
point the team A manager told him that he was in the wrong and to just leave. He kept repeating that he will end my career as a ref and
that I was a ****WIT he challenged all my decisions throughout the game and was extremely aggressive after the game. After i
signed the sheet he then called his lads over to where I was with my mam and my bag and he encouged his lads to stare and laugh
at me whilst I was packing my stuff away. The team A manager said if needed he is willing to put a report in with what the team B manager
said to me whilst I was signing the sheet. When I was walking away parents from Team B asked if I would think about not
putting a report in I just responded with "The abuse I've just got has to be reported he simply can't get away with that"

Thoughts ? Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
The Referee Store
1) I’m so sorry you’ve had to endure this.

2) Put the report in

3) The problem lies with the team B manager, not you. Definetly not you.

4) Put the report in.

5) You’ve had an awful experience, but most people involved in the game are good people.

6) Put the report in.

7) I would understand if you want to give up, but if you don’t, I salute you, sir.

8) check you’ve put the report in.

Best of luck for the future, I’m sure all on this forum will help you in anyway we can.

Are u reffing on a zoo or a prison? This is like third time I've seen you posting from similar games with horrific abuse. But did you abandon the match?

Are u reffing on a zoo or a prison? This is like third time I've seen you posting from similar games with horrific abuse. But did you abandon the match?
Haha you'd think it's a zoo with the teams I deal with week in week out. Yes I did abandon game at Team A's request

1) I’m so sorry you’ve had to endure this.

2) Put the report in

3) The problem lies with the team B manager, not you. Definetly not you.

4) Put the report in.

5) You’ve had an awful experience, but most people involved in the game are good people.

6) Put the report in.

7) I would understand if you want to give up, but if you don’t, I salute you, sir.

8) check you’ve put the report in.

Best of luck for the future, I’m sure all on this forum will help you in anyway we can.
What I posted was my report except I took out team names and added team A and b instead

How ridiculous that people still have to put up with this.

I had an incident in which the offending player is currently facing a ban go for an incident against myself. I was contacted by the local fa who went through everything I put in my report on the WGS, As that is the evidence. I'd read plenty of good advice on here regarding putting the facts not opinions and using the exact words and you must do the same.

The moron who managers that side will probably never manage again after your report and rightly so. If you're under 18 then there's also a safeguarding issue.

Look at the positives, nothing will ever faze you now during your reffing career. Well done and go again.

Also ensure that you contact the league regarding the incident.

How ridiculous that people still have to put up with this.

I had an incident in which the offending player is currently facing a ban go for an incident against myself. I was contacted by the local fa who went through everything I put in my report on the WGS, As that is the evidence. I'd read plenty of good advice on here regarding putting the facts not opinions and using the exact words and you must do the same.

The moron who managers that side will probably never manage again after your report and rightly so. If you're under 18 then there's also a safeguarding issue.

Look at the positives, nothing will ever faze you now during your reffing career. Well done and go again.

Also ensure that you contact the league regarding the incident.
Yeah like @Robbe1 said I face this abuse nearly every week so I'm getting used to it and hopefully fa give punishment to the coach

Two horror stories in two weeks. Did you speak with your RefSec following last week's nightmare or is your RefSec intentionally giving you horrendous appointments? Your RDO should be all over last week's nightmare, let alone allowing you to endure another. Something's not right because this level of vitriol is not that common in youth football anymore

Two horror stories in two weeks. Did you speak with your RefSec following last week's nightmare or is your RefSec intentionally giving you horrendous appointments? Your RDO should be all over last week's nightmare, let alone allowing you to endure another. Something's not right because this level of vitriol is not that common in youth football anymore
Refsec? No in my county the home team has to get their own referee

Also this abuse happens to me CONSTANTLY week in week out

How old are you Joe if you dont me asking and what age group are you refereeing ?
I'm 17 and I ref up to u16 I've been contacted by my local fa asking if I'd like to help run the line the northern alliance league (11th tier)but this game was u15

Why?

@JoeMaloney5 - what age group was you refereeing? As if U-16, or below, the manager should be banned from coaching kids....

Speak to your RDO and county welfare officer before you submit the report. As you are under 18, there are safeguarding issues to consider - the B manager and team are guilty of bullying and CFA needs to take the necessary approach.

If reported properly, then the manager could be banned immediately from all football. He won't be allowed next weekend until the hearing is held.

Please remember the actions of the B team as well in a separate report. There are at least three reports required - Manager coming onto the FOP, manager abusing after the game, the team abusing after the game.

It's going to be expensive.

@JoeMaloney5 - what age group was you refereeing? As if U-16, or below, the manager should be banned from coaching kids....

Speak to your RDO and county welfare officer before you submit the report. As you are under 18, there are safeguarding issues to consider - the B manager and team are guilty of bullying and CFA needs to take the necessary approach.

If reported properly, then the manager could be banned immediately from all football. He won't be allowed next weekend until the hearing is held.

Please remember the actions of the B team as well in a separate report. There are at least three reports required - Manager coming onto the FOP, manager abusing after the game, the team abusing after the game.

It's going to be expensive.
It was u15 and that post above was my actually report that I submitted obviously minus the teams names for this forum

Something is seriously wrong with the setup in the North East for this level of abuse to be happening on a repeated basis
Does anywhere else (ie other counties) have home teams getting their own refs as sometimes because of this I feel as if the away side label me as a home team player essentially because of this

I'm 17 and I ref up to u16 I've been contacted by my local fa asking if I'd like to help run the line the northern alliance league (11th tier)but this game was u15

Why?

I would recommend taking up this offer to run the line.

You’ll gain great knowledge from working with a more experienced official, and, more importantly, you’ll experience the camaraderie of working as, and being part of, a team of three. It is a very different experience from the loneliness and isolation of operating on your own at grass roots, I suspect that you’ll enjoy it.

Does anywhere else have home teams getting their own refs as sometimes because of this I feel as if the away side label me as a home team player essentially because of this
I live in the Home Counties and all youth games are by appointment. Maybe herein (being associated with the home team) is the missing nugget that goes some way to explaining your problems. You can't referee the same team(s) week in week out without problems
I agree with @RefJef , get yourself running a line asap

I would recommend taking up this offer to run the line.

You’ll gain great knowledge from working with a more experienced official, and, more importantly, you’ll experience the camaraderie of working as, and being part of, a team of three. It is a very different experience from the loneliness and isolation of operating on your own at grass roots, I suspect that you’ll enjoy it.
Yeah I took up on the offer and I've been told I'll be appointed to one soon

Back