A&H

How many competitive games have you guys reffed?

210 games in 4 years (3 1/2 really with covid) 181 were competitive. 19 of the 181 were as AR. I've never kept a record of my cards unfortunately

The Referee Store
Slightly below average on cautions, but way above on dismissals

Just the way the cookie crumbles. In that 10/11 season where I got promoted to level 3 I had 16 games in senior football, most of those supply league with a few FA Cup and Vase in there. In those 16 games I had 12 red cards, but still finished top on both assessors and club marks. There were two games with three reds in each so that bumped the figures up.

Whereas the following season, which was my first at L3, for all I had a higher red card count only 5 of those were at senior level and the other 12 were at grass roots level, and I refereed a lot more senior level games that season.

Miles below average on cautions but reds fairly normal. Maybe some youth games in there?
A few youth games, a few Sunday League games since I've been a L4 where experience (sometimes) helps me prevent something happening, but the main reason for the low average is that in my first few years I was very card-shy! From two years at L7 and one year at L6, I averaged less than one yellow a game, even my three years at L5 I only averaged 1.5 a game. Since I got to L4 my average is 2.2 a game.

I stopped keeping record. It would be somewhere between 700 and 800 in the center and about the same on the line (not counting my first spell of a couple years as a teenager). About 100 as mentor/coach/assessor. If we want to add futsal to that then that would prob be another 3000 game.

Wasn't casting any aspersions. Just commentating on the numbers
My dismissal count is really low. Does it mean anything? Maybe, maybe not

Me neither. I've lined for him and also watched him as a spectator and he's an incredibly chilled out referee, which players tend to react well to. Just by watching him I've learnt a few little tips and tricks that have definitely improved my game, specifically around player interaction.

If I was keeping count on my cards, I'd say that my count has probably gone down as I've got more experienced as I've been able to preempt some of the things that have led to cards previously through better game management.

Rather than hearing how many bookings you issued, how many pair of boots did you go through and how many whistles/jerseys/flags/marriages
etc

Only ever had one set of flags. I’ve only replaced the handles on them 4 times and the fabric twice so far.
tenor.gif

Back