A&H

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrroins

HoofItYouDonkey

RefChat Addict
Level 6 Referee
This thing just wont go.....
I thought I was over it, walking down the road this morning, nothing untoward and 'bang' searing pain in my right groin. Feels ok now, but just don't know when it's going to go again.
I just hope that the summer break finally puts this to bed...

The Referee Store
HYD, I share your pain mate. Had an achilles thing going on for over a year now. One step forward - two steps back it seems. A guy can get quite depressed about this stuff. Hoping to get my Level 5 confirmed next week and then take the foot off the gas and give myself time to properly "heal". (See what I did there? :) ).
Anyway, hope you recover soonest mate. Best wishes. :)

This thing just wont go.....
I thought I was over it, walking down the road this morning, nothing untoward and 'bang' searing pain in my right groin. Feels ok now, but just don't know when it's going to go again.
I just hope that the summer break finally puts this to bed...

Is it an old injury that keeps resurfacing?

Best get it checked out mate, you can have a strange type of shallow hernia down there that can cause restricted blood flow to the old meat and two veg if it pops out for a prolonged period.

Is it an old injury that keeps resurfacing?

Best get it checked out mate, you can have a strange type of shallow hernia down there that can cause restricted blood flow to the old meat and two veg if it pops out for a prolonged period.
Thanks, I have had both hernias done.
I need to get some advice on regular exercises to stretch the thing.

I'd still see the physio ;) There could be something actually wrong which is why when it flares up, it gets very bad.

@HoofItYouDonkey @Kes You guys should both get Physio asafp. Read my post on physio treatments, they are the only way forward as they will find the cause rather than just treat the symptom. It may be you have something wrong in your running gait or a muscle imbalance in your calf or thigh that causes the hernia for example. If you don't find out what is the cause then it will just go again.

@Kes I'm sure we've discussed this before, but 100% get your legs checked out properly. I almost crippled myself trying to manage an apparent Achilles problem that turned out to be down to weakness in my right hip. Too much sitting around crossing my legs apparently. I ended up with spasms in my lower calf that went in the warm up in a FA Vase game, ended up taking 4 weeks off with 2 physio sessions a week. Expensive in the end, but still worth it.

Back