A&H

GPS Trackers

Chris Crowe

I was wondering if anyone had any advice on recommending a low cost say £30-£50 GPS tracker and what they thought of them being utilised by referees?

The Referee Store
I use one. Has hr monitor as well and in combination it is really useful.

Not heard of one for that price though.

Is the one you use downloadable so you can see your movements on the pitch etc? also how much did you pay for it

Thanks

I got an ultrasport system for 69 quid on Amazon special offer.

Fantastic bit of kit and £69 is very cheap and it far out performs 3/400 quid garmins I've used previously

You won't find one for the price you're looking at. I couldn't believe I got one for £69 to be honest

The ultrasport gives you downloadable data and graphs and maps your positioning on the pitch (very accurately) although this isn't particularly useful as you tend to just see a solid colour if you've covered enough ground

The best feature is distance covered, average speed, Max speed and heart rate stats. Its great to monitor how much ground you cover as you can see your fitness growing over time

I'll try and grab you a link to the ultra sport although I doubt it will still be on special at £69

EDIT: here you go pal, http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ultrasport-NavRun-Heart-Computer-Chest/dp/B003XII6YS

Yeah £102 isn't bad at all. Great pit of kit. GPS connects instantly and precision is second to none. German as well and as much as I hate to say it, that means its built very well and built to last!

Just out of interest what are you planning in using it for precisely, as the addidas mi coach speed cell is extremely good. Although won't trwck actual location.

Thanks much appreciated, yeah really wanted something where I could see that I was covering the areas of the pitch I needed also that I could see that I was keeping up with play ( not sure how I was hoping to achieve this though)

Back