A&H

Goal scored after illegal substitution

The Referee Store
ah, so if the player that left the FOP was already on a caution, the player that came on illegally would have to leave ?
yes, but my guess is that they will still be cautioned for entering the FoP without permission. The on-field player is dismissed for a 2nd caution, therefore they cannot be substituted. bizzare when you think about it, but rules are rules.

I think the moral of the thread is not to drop the ref into the mire over a substitution. Do it right first time.

Hi
The situation here is clear. The substitute entered without permission which is a caution and the player left without permission so that is also a caution. It is not an extra player situation.
As the scoring team has infringed the laws of the game the goal is ruled out and as play has already been stopped the restart is a goal kick. The reason for this is that the recommended restart for the extra player offence is a goal kick, corner kick or dropped ball so it is much akin to that. If the referee managed to deal with the situation by seeing interference by the substitute before the goal the restart is a DFK.
The substitution is correctly completed before the restart provided the exiting player was not already on a caution.
Btw the laws will be amended to a DFK as per the recent decisions by IFAB which come into effect later in the year. Clearly IFAB got that one wrong and have tidied it up for next season.
I don't think the situation is as clear as you said.
You say "As the scoring team has infringed the laws of the game the goal is ruled out ", however play had restarted after the infringement (in this case a throw in but it shouldn't matter). There is clear precedence in LOTG, once play has restarted an infringement can not be punished.

Just to enforce the point, lets say the illegal substitution happened on the 55th minute and AR told you about it just after a goal in the 85th minute with many restarts in between. What is the technically correct decision then (I am not sure shellacking the AR :) is technically correct )

may I enquire what the correct should be if it is the team that conceded a goal the ones that carried out the substitution? surely it doesn't sound fair to reward them by cancelling goal?

may I enquire what the correct should be if it is the team that conceded a goal the ones that carried out the substitution? surely it doesn't sound fair to reward them by cancelling goal?
Award the goal

Pretty certain LOTG makes.allowance for this.

No you wouldn't it would be the same procedure as them having an extra person on the field. Remove the individual, if a player (named substitute) caution for entering/leaving FoP w/out permission. Proceed with a normal restart after a goal and don't forget the misconduct report.

The idea is that extra person has not interfered in play and therefore has not affected the goal scored.

When the whole of the ball crosses the goal line within the goal frame, a goal is scored, unless an "offence or infringement of the Laws of the Game has been committed by the team scoring the goal." (Emphasis mine).

And just in case you accept the argument that the un-notified sub is an extra person (although that's clearly a debatable point) then the Laws would still tell you to allow it:
the referee must allow the goal if the extra person was: a player, substitute, substituted player, sent off player or team official of the team that conceded the goal

When the whole of the ball crosses the goal line within the goal frame, a goal is scored, unless an "offence or infringement of the Laws of the Game has been committed by the team scoring the goal." (Emphasis mine).

And just in case you accept the argument that the un-notified sub is an extra person (although that's clearly a debatable point) then the Laws would still tell you to allow it:

I don't know what i was thinking when I asked the question. I was having a brain fart

Back