A&H

GK Handball in the Middle of the Pitch

Unsporting behaviour. You could choose:

"handles the ball to interfere with a promising attack"
"shows a lack of respect for the game"

I'd probably go lack of respect for the game to be fair. It's a nice catch all and then you're not going to get into endless debate on here as to whether it was a "promising attack" or not.

perfect. wanted to make sure I was along the same lines

The Referee Store
And remember at that level it is on TV and there is every chance that they will pull out a camera angle showing it was going wide or use whizzy tech to show it wouldn't have reached the goal before defenders got there.

Whereas the same incident on Hackney Marshes you are more likely to get away with guessing on a red, and a guess is really all it could be in that scenario.
But the flip side is also the case that they can find a camera angle or whizzy tech that proves it would have been a goal. I think being on TV can work for or against you no matter which cars you go with.

But the flip side is also the case that they can find a camera angle or whizzy tech that proves it would have been a goal. I think being on TV can work for or against you no matter which cars you go with.
Nah, Rusty is right. As with all other decisions, if the referee (on TV) errs on the side of caution and goes yellow, he can always says that from his angle he couldn't be sure it was on target. However if he goes red and is proved wrong then people will question why he thought the goal denial was 'Obvious'

That's no comfort to the player who's goal was denied though. Lampard's not given goal in 2010 world cup rings a bell. Ref / AR not in a good position to give it. It was still a goal not given with dire consequences for some.

That's no comfort to the player who's goal was denied though.
I agree. In the OP this was in the last minute of a game the reds won 2-1 so of little real consequence - BUT - what if the scoreline had been the other way around!

Back