A&H

Getting Games.... slightly confused

Mustang23

Level 7 Referee
Hi I have recently just completed the referee course with Kent FA and now looking to get games under my belt. I have contacted a few leagues about joining as a ref but not heard much back at the moment. One league did say that the teams find their own refs for the games, so I am just wondering if some leagues have a pool of referees that they can contact or how it works? and who i should be trying to contact to get in such pool.

any advice anyone can give would be great. Wanting to get out and ref asap.

thanks

The Referee Store
Hi, the leagues I work with appoint me to games every weekend, but I do know of leagues that require clubs to find their own officials, so it really does depend on the league.
At the moment, a lot of the grassroots referee secretaries won't be checking their emails, but hopefully they'll get back to you in early August!
If in doubt, just email your CFA's Referee Development Officer and ask them for email addresses for local referee secretaries, they're usually more than happy to help new referees.
Hope that helps!

Hi I have recently just completed the referee course with Kent FA and now looking to get games under my belt. I have contacted a few leagues about joining as a ref but not heard much back at the moment. One league did say that the teams find their own refs for the games, so I am just wondering if some leagues have a pool of referees that they can contact or how it works? and who i should be trying to contact to get in such pool.

thanks
First of all- welcome. My advice would be to contact your central appointments officer or your county’s referee development officer. They should be able to get you games or put you in contact with the right people. I’m sure the far more experienced members on this forum have far better advice than I have to offer but that’s the first two things I would recommend to you.

The Kent County Football League are definitely looking for referees. Contact Will Sanderson at Kent FA: Will.Sanderson@KentFA.com

thanks
The RDO is also the referees sec for the Sunday youth league. He may be able to help you.

Yeah, league will come first. Each league will probably use a different system for assigning dates and will explain that when you sign up to their panel. If you're really lucky, more than one might use pitchside, but unfortunately there's no point signing up to that first and trying to get them to use it for you if they don't already.

Back