A&H

Germany V Mexico

Fantastic performance from the Iranian trio, refused to be bullied into decisions from either side. Best performance I've seen so far. Someone will have to do well to better it. I'll have a keen eye on Brych when he gets his first appointment.

I thought Rocchi handled the most testing game so far, a game worthy of being the final.

Last group game onwards is where is starts to get interested, see how long it takes for players & refs to revert to type.

The Referee Store
I backed Serbia Germany Brazil treble £25 to return £100.

I must be the only Englishmen gutted that Germany lost.

Fantastic performance from the Iranian trio, refused to be bullied into decisions from either side. Best performance I've seen so far. Someone will have to do well to better it. I'll have a keen eye on Brych when he gets his first appointment.
Doing really well in an average game is not going to top this. This game had everything thrown at the officials. Degree of difficulty is a big factor.

I just deliver the facts which is something a lot of people, both on here and in the media, have not done with VAR. It's been mostly hype and outrage. I hope through almost 10 matches that you realize that the job of the AR has not been drastically changed like you and others said last week.
Give it a rest. Or at least just relent. We get the message, but the relentless nature of your propaganda brings into question your motive. We've hereto had no controversy, other than that associated with the VAR circus. Football on this side of the water used to be a great game

I apologize. I'll stop being factual talking about referees on a referee forum. I'll try to focus more on incorrect assumptions and over-reactions to media quotes.

I also apologize for caring and bringing additional information to this forum. If people are only interested in over-reactions and spreading false information (not intentionally but because of poor reporting), then I'll stop posting and watch from a distance.

Be polite to each other please folks, or you won't be posting for the duration of the World Cup. Honestly, sometimes I think if football supporters accidentally stumbled upon this forum they would think that referees are worse than players given the lack of respect we show each other.

Honestly, sometimes I think if football supporters accidentally stumbled upon this forum they would think that referees are worse than players given the lack of respect we show each other.

Really?

Do you ever use any other internet forums?

I'm a member of several (not football related ones) and I have to say that this forum is the politest and most respectful of all of them by a country mile!! :cool:

For what it's worth, I actually tipped Mexico to win before the match. :);)

Germany aren't anywhere near as strong as they were 4 years ago and Mexico are a very skilful side. With more astute finishing they could have won by 3 or 4 yesterday.

I also concur with everybody's opinion of the referee - I thought he was excellent.

Oh and COME ON ENGERLAND!!! :cool: :p :D :D :D

Guys, this referee is outstanding. Who'd have expected this to come from Iran?
He's handled at least 5 Tehran derbies between Esteghial and Persepolis in recent years. Given that track record, I'd say this was a quiet stroll for him. Other Red versus Blue derbies pale into insignificance from what I've seen.

He's handled at least 5 Tehran derbies between Esteghial and Persepolis in recent years. Given that track record, I'd say this was a quiet stroll for him. Other Red versus Blue derbies pale into insignificance from what I've seen.

That's probably true -- his experience was evident. But he was definitely not on my radar previously. He is now.

Even the press are lauding him for a good game:

The Sun says: REFEREEING on the biggest stage requires experience and firmness - and Alireza Faghani has them both in abundance.

Fox Sport says: “Outstanding referee Faghani!” Said Speed in a tweet. “Does it for the fans: no soft free-kicks... no time-wasting... gives goalkeepers the hurry up. Keeps tempo as high as he can! This is reffing!”

Back