A&H

Germany V Mexico

Didn't see the replay for the offside, I thought AR gave handball or something at first.

Nope he called offside after the goal scoring opportunity ended. The best use of the delayed offside flag so far this tournament.

vqjyp2X.jpg

The Referee Store
If you don’t get a job as a VAR sales rep after this World Cup then I’ll be amazed :p

I just deliver the facts which is something a lot of people, both on here and in the media, have not done with VAR. It's been mostly hype and outrage. I hope through almost 10 matches that you realize that the job of the AR has not been drastically changed like you and others said last week.

Nope he called offside after the goal scoring opportunity ended. The best use of the delayed offside flag so far this tournament.

vqjyp2X.jpg
You mean that offside? I'm sure there might have been one when Hernandez was on the floor? I'd have to see it again.

VAR could still give the PK if they felt it was a clear and obvious error because of the delayed offside flag.
Yeah I think you may be right in theory. It is a complex situation though. What if AR flags immidiately for offside (and its on) but by the time referee blows his whstle for offside there is a penalty foul. The ref blows whstle for offside. Theoretically pen can be given on review but it's very messy.

Yeah I think you may be right in theory. It is a complex situation though. What if AR flags immidiately for offside (and its on) but by the time referee blows his whstle for offside there is a penalty foul. The ref blows whstle for offside. Theoretically pen can be given on review but it's very messy.

As long as the whistle goes after the foul occurred then the PK could be given but obviously it would be controversial since the flag went up. But the AR correctly delaying the offside flag until after the attack ended, it gave Mexico the opportunity to score on what was an incorrect offside decision and the chance to get a PK if that was a foul (which it wasn't IMO).

Fantastic performance from the Iranian trio, refused to be bullied into decisions from either side. Best performance I've seen so far. Someone will have to do well to better it. I'll have a keen eye on Brych when he gets his first appointment.

Back