A&H

Fulham v Oldham

The Referee Store
I have not seen it, I cant see it at work, but could it be a case of point being made on another thread....Englands Elite ref has given it?
a> unless its ridiculous, will a "lesser" official try to correct him and
b> if he does, chances of ref going, thanks for your input but am giving it? (code for, I know better than you) ?

Oh wow. How anyone watching could agree it's a penalty is beyond me.
Just shown my partner who is diehard Fulham and she agreed it was never a pen.
She said if he hit the foot then yes he may have lost his balance at best, but he scraped the laces and he flew to the floor.

Oh wow. How anyone watching could agree it's a penalty is beyond me.
Just shown my partner who is diehard Fulham and she agreed it was never a pen.
She said if he hit the foot then yes he may have lost his balance at best, but he scraped the laces and he flew to the floor.
And then continue to stay down holding his ankle in ‘pain’

Either the VAR process worked as well as usual, or this game didn't have the pleasures of VAR
Understand VAR was only used at less than a dozen 3rd round games
For the record, it was simulation and i could forgive AT for being cheated into awarding the pen

Either the VAR process worked as well as usual, or this game didn't have the pleasures of VAR
Understand VAR was only used at less than a dozen 3rd round games
For the record, it was simulation and i could forgive AT for being cheated into awarding the pen
VAR was indeed being used in this game

It's soft, but even with minimal contact, catching the studs/having them rake over your foot is pretty painful, so I can understand why its been given.

I'd be interested if the ref said 'no', would VAR have stepped in?

I'd be interested if the ref said 'no', would VAR have stepped in?
It's not a clear error either way.

There's contact, but is it enough for a penalty? Maybe... maybe not.

VAR worked exactly as the protocol wants it to in this situation.

He's not only conned the ref, he's conned the lino and the VAR!! WTF...... AT needs to get back to the Prem, he's crap away from his day job!!

He's not only conned the ref, he's conned the lino and the VAR!! WTF...... AT needs to get back to the Prem, he's crap away from his day job!!

tbh if he ever reads this forum he will think he is crap full stop, the last 3 games he has had, seems he was indifferent in a Sheff Utd game, missed Kompanys red and whatever manager behaviour last midweek and now incorrectly gives a pk.
if our forum was fact he could be on max 7.9 for 3 games in a row....some refs wont hit 3 7.9 all season

Got to get the KMi’s or you're nobody these days. In the game at BL he was awful first half, lot better the second half thankfully... I thought he was good in the MC game TBF, not seen all the Fulhsm game but he’s been let down by a donut in s box somewhere.. Decent ref though overall...

Last edited:
Got to get the KMi’s or you're nobody these days. In the game at BL he was awful first half, lot better the second half thankfully... I thought he was good in the MC game TBF, not seen all the Fulhsm game but he’s been let down by a donut in s box somewhere.. Decent ref though overall...

well if the supermo says Kompany was a red its 7.9 max no matter how well else he did.

Back