The Ref Stop

Frustrating news regarding promotion

I don't agree with charging some people for the course and not others (based on a protected characteristic). It's as simple as that. Nothing to do with jealousy or any other fanciful or insulting suggestion. I have a simple view of life which involves the principal of treating everyone the same. Nobody should be favoured based on a protected characteristic, even if the intentions are well meaning because doing so will defeat the purpose by perpetuating animosity among groups. Equality will lead to equality without having to force the issue.
You are entitled to that opinion, you aren't entitled to accuse organisations of discrimination when you don't have evidence. Discrimination of any kind is illegal, positive action isn't, so in classifying it as the former you are openly accusing one or more organisations of acting illegally. You do know that if the FA's lawyers come a knocking, and that happened to another forum, we would have to provide your actual details?

By all means say that you don't agree with positive action, I don't necessarily myself in some cases, but it absolutely is not discrimination as far as the law in England is concerned.

Last edited:
The Ref Stop
It's jealously, predominantly from those who can't even get out of 4.
This is a fairly offensive and dangerous statement to make.

‘Can’t even get out of 4’- I’d argue that level 4 is the hardest of all the levels to get out of, due to the bottle neck that gets created at that level. I found getting National League line in my first season was 100000% times easier than getting L3

There’s an awful lot of people on here who haven’t (yet) got out of 4………..

Just because people have a different opinion to you does not make them jealous by default.

Positive discrimination is both a good thing and a bad thing. It’s great that women are being head hunted and promoted within refereeing as well as industries such as IT and upper management. But the same push doesn’t seem to exist within the world of bricklaying………(as an example)

Last edited:
You are entitled to that opinion, you aren't entitled to accuse organisations of discrimination when you don't have evidence. Discrimination of any kind is illegal, positive action isn't, so in classifying it as the former you are openly accusing one or more organisations of acting illegally. You do know that if the FA's lawyers come a knocking, and that happened to another forum, we would have to provide your actual details?

By all means say that you don't agree with positive action, I don't necessarily myself in some cases, but it absolutely is not discrimination as far as the law in England is concerned.
You might be conflating discrimination with unlawful discrimination?

The forum can't disclose a member's personal data to a third party without a lawful basis. Just checked the terms and there is no consent to disclosure in there.

Back