A&H

Forest-Newcastle

The player is not getting that ball in any event and is going over with or without the contact from the Keeper making the contact pretty inconsequential imo.
I'm surprised at you, James. Surely you know that whether the player was going to get the ball is totally and absolutely irrelevant. The ball could be a hundred yards away but if it's in play and a player is fouled in the opponent's penalty area, it's still a penalty.

The Referee Store
I'm surprised at you, James. Surely you know that whether the player was going to get the ball is totally and absolutely irrelevant. The ball could be a hundred yards away but if it's in play and a player is fouled in the opponent's penalty area, it's still a penalty.
Webb’s “higher bar for penalties” is not in the LotG and I think we infer that this can be a facfor.

Ok, well, Take those 10 words out of my post and I'm still at not enough for a penalty.

• Haha
Reactions: Kes
Ok, well, Take those 10 words out of my post and I'm still at not enough for a penalty.
I'm with you, he's already on his way down and that slightest bit of contact wasn't enough to take him over. It certainly shouldn't be anywhere near a VAR review as far too subjective.

Reactions: Kes
shown in review to the referee
Just skip that charade and save everyone those few minutes of their lives they'll never get back. We all know who is Refereeing KMS's
I think it's a PK, but I accept the opinion that Mr Nottingham Forest was already on his way down
It's just a very typical Refereeing decision in which VAR cannot add value, it can only detract from the game
Nobodies fault, except proponents of VAR (of which numbers are dwindling, albeit after the horse has bolted)

Last edited:
Back