A&H

Folkestone v Billericay

I'd surmise that over half our observer marks are decided by stuff when the ball is out of play
My last observer said exactly that to me. Really hammering into my management when the balls out of play.

Also a fellow lino who I reckon is probably quite an experienced lino said, if you are being observed as a lino, the best time to shine is when the ball is out of play. As typically the observer watches the ref during play, then focuses on the ARs when out of play.#

##(Just realised I already posted this)###

A&H International
So as an Observer, how can you shine when the ball is out of play?? Can I observe your side stepping technique or establish that you are aligned with the 2nd rear most defender, or advise on a tight active offside or even a tight non-offside. Would I be able to see whether you provide calm controlled signals, or an agitated flagged signal to denote a penal offence from within your vicinity, or demonstrate credible eye contact with the Referee at the time of a contested throw-in, corner kick or goal kick.

So as an Observer, how can you shine when the ball is out of play?? Can I observe your side stepping technique or establish that you are aligned with the 2nd rear most defender, or advise on a tight active offside or even a tight non-offside. Would I be able to see whether you provide calm controlled signals, or an agitated flagged signal to denote a penal offence from within your vicinity, or demonstrate credible eye contact with the Referee at the time of a contested throw-in, corner kick or goal kick.
I don't think it was that rigid/serious and probably doesn't cover 100% of observers... maybe 99% ;)

Only explanation I can give is if the ball goes out of play and you are holding up a rubbish looking flag, the observer might mention it.

Well that is possible, sometimes depending where the observer is positioned eg to identify that the flag is sunning towards the pitch side barrier rather than parallel to the touchline, or that it is not sufficiently raised high enough or even raised too high. But there can be nothing more important that when the ball is in play rather than out of play unless mass confrontation etc.

Back