A&H

Fitness tests

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think mine is in October/November.

Kind of glad it is as my fitness levels are atrocious at the moment. I've been training hard but I can't make much progress in this heat.

I've been sent the fitness test format, and I'm not sure what to think about it. It's basically 32x 75m run and 25m walk combination and then there's the sprint element. I'm a bit iffy on the stop/start run/walk, but I'll have plenty of time to practice, so no excuses!

Anyway, congrats to those passing it today. :D

The Referee Store
I think mine is in October/November.

Kind of glad it is as my fitness levels are atrocious at the moment. I've been training hard but I can't make much progress in this heat.

I've been sent the fitness test format, and I'm not sure what to think about it. It's basically 32x 75m run and 25m walk combination and then there's the sprint element. I'm a bit iffy on the stop/start run/walk, but I'll have plenty of time to practice, so no excuses!

Anyway, congrats to those passing it today. :D
Mate. Keep working. It might feel like no progress in the heat but you'll reap the benefit when the season kicks in. Also try and train when its a bit cooler, early morning, or later in the evening if its too hot.

Mate. Keep working. It might feel like no progress in the heat but you'll reap the benefit when the season kicks in. Also try and train when its a bit cooler, early morning, or later in the evening if its too hot.

Thank you for the encouragement. I will keep at it of course. It's still pushing 26-7C at night here though! :dead:

I got my blood pressure reading done at Lloyds pharmacy for free which was good. Someone got turned away today as their blood pressure card wasn’t stamped. It simple when it says on the form what needs to be on there 🙄

Passed the fitness test, and it was extremely warm, hate to think what the track temperature was today. I managed to get round with plenty of energy left in the tank so pleased. 12 minutes of pain for a seasons worth of gain was worth it. Now officially at Level 4!

Having run a marathon in theses conditions hats off to all refs who passed their fitness tests today. It is brutal running at any speed or any distance in this heat so a big congrats to you hardy souls, and it means you are fitter than what you think. This heat takes about 20% of your energy away.

I got my blood pressure reading done at Lloyds pharmacy for free which was good.

Not sure if it is still the case, but in the past the form said that the test needed to be carried out by a qualified medical practitioner. I've certainly seen people turned away when they'd had it done at a chemists.

Not sure if it is still the case, but in the past the form said that the test needed to be carried out by a qualified medical practitioner. I've certainly seen people turned away when they'd had it done at a chemists.
Since when are chemists / pharmacists unqualified medical practitioners???

Last edited:

FA say “the reading must be authenticated by a GP, Practice nurse or similar professional” a Pharmacist is a medical professional.

Yep, got an email from my RDO the other day to clarify that a pharmacist is OK.

With people now being referred to pharmacists for simple medical issues there is no reason it shouldnt be accepted so long as stamped and signed by pharmacist

So happy to get round yesterday. The weather had been playing on my mind all week and it was certainly very dry out there, but we’ll worth the pain now!

FA say “the reading must be authenticated by a GP, Practice nurse or similar professional” a Pharmacist is a medical professional.

As long as the pharmacist does it you'll be OK. If a pharmacy assistant does it that might not be the case.

I ran into a problem with my GP as they got a state of the art GP machine that didn't need a medical practitioner to operate, and the only person that would sign the form was the receptionist. I was told that wouldn't be accepted so had to start paying £35 at a Medicentre in the City.

So, been suffering with leg pain for the season. Decided sod it, went to a physio. Turns out it was my back. Did some work with him and finally pain-free just in time for the fitness test today.

But... That meant I hadn't trained for roughly a month and a half...

Passed it though. Huzzah. Only three of us there, seven dropped out. So we ran it as a team. One failed last time he attempted it, and this was my first attempt at the new format. Third referee was the link pushing us both through it. Always love a fitness test where we work as a team and push each other through to succeed.

Bonus; It was the final schedule fitness test for this season. So glad I went to physio or I genuinely feel I'd have failed it on pain alone. Look after your bodies!

Onward for the promotion it is then. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back