A&H

"First" game "back"

I’m jealous. If it wasn’t -8 and 50cm of snow and I didn’t have foot knack (get back on that metatarsal prayer mat!), I’d be doing women’s premier futsal in a small Nordic country… a contrib line is a distant dream!

The Referee Store
Been given an additional county cup semi final but this is for a neighbouring county. I’m under Somerset FA but do the majority of my games in Wiltshire so have picked up a semi final for them.

unfortunately first 2 games of Jan have been postponed :(

Couple of Step 7 middles and a county cup game line.

Weirdly looking forward to the line more as the ref is our RDO (EFL Referee usually) and he’s got permission to use comms for the game so should be a good learning experience!

Not overly confident my middle tomorrow will be on, weather down here is awful!
That will be a good learning experience for you.
Severe weather protocols in place down here so expecting most off.

Similar story here. I was due on Radstock Town v Bishops Lydeard but that’s off. On the list to be reallocated but no chance of many games going ahead down here.

My game went early today, I was looking at a 2 hour each way, 150 mile round trip, so was glad that a decision was made before I'd needed to get there.

Our whole league with 2 divisions had 3 games on, 2 on 4G and 1 on grass, with the grass game being abandoned at half time.

Late call-off this morning, which is a bit disappointing. It was wet yesterday and dry today, it feels like you could easily have made that call yesterday evening and allowed me a lie-in!

I'm on the line for an ESFA game Thursday afternoon - I must have impressed someone, since I understand they don't give those out easily. Fingers crossed it's a good game, though, most of the schoolage matches I've done so far this year have been very one-sided.

Couple of Step 7 middles and a County Cup line.

Weirdly looking forward to the line more as the ref is our RDO (EFL Referee usually) and he’s got permission to use comms for the game so should be a good learning experience!

Not overly confident my middle tomorrow will be on, weather down here is awful!
Really interested to hear what you think of comms - pros and cons - Thanks

I'm on the line for an ESFA game Thursday afternoon - I must have impressed someone, since I understand they don't give those out easily. Fingers crossed it's a good game, though, most of the schoolage matches I've done so far this year have been very one-sided.
It depends on how far through the competition it is - until the latter (semi-final?) rounds its up to the home school to find and appoint a referee.

Regardless, enjoy the game!

Well that was a foolish post by me!

College game off - Insufficient numbers for one team - no reason given and one of my Isthmian U18s later this month moved to March. :(

Next scheduled game now is an Isthmian u18s line a week tomorrow....................
32 games before Christmas - now............... tonight's game just called off because of a frozen pitch - sum total of zero games so far for me in 2022.

Got a Sunday appointment at 10:30! Slowly but surely building up to those 5 games to qualify between you know what and the weather!

I've been interested in the replies from folks regarding the number of fixtures that they are getting. I could have done 6 fixtures this weekend running Fri eve/Sat am/Sat pm/Sun am/Sun pm. I doing 4 of them.

Is it just my area with plenty of options or individuals just preferring certain types of match? I'm not particularly fussy... mine cover all ages and genders.

Last edited:
I was on an Eastern Counties line last week which would’ve been my first game of 2022, then I caught covid. Ultimately the game was called off anyway.

I’m on the line in the same league this weekend, Saturday being my 2nd day of freedom, absolutely can’t wait!

I’ve got 5 (4x line and 1x middle) in the Eastern Counties U18 booked in for late Jan and early Feb, and will hopefully get some Saturday county league middles coming through too 🤞🏻

Back