A&H

First game appointments

Thanks, Alex. That's good to know. Hopefully these games are going to be quite challenging for me and I can use what I've been taught.
Did you give the u12/13 player a second caution out of curiosity?
Nope, unlike the player I sent off, he learned from it and played well and didn't make anymore challenges and no more dissent. The u15 player got booked and continued playing in the same way. I gave him his final warning (in my opinion the manager should've been proactive and took him off at that point) and he gave me no choice. My first yellow was appalling; I was reluctant to give it and regret not doing it earlier - it might feel like you're being harsh booking a youth player but I don't regret any of the cards I've given and they've helped me control the rest of the game as they know where they stand. Despite that, a lot of youth games might be uneventful for you though but I use those 'easier' ones to focus on my positioning. Try to control them with the whistle and how you speak to players (I like to speak during the game and it helps avoid being questioned if you're being proactive) and you might not need to use a card, but definitely don't avoid issuing one if their actions (and the game) warrant it. Enjoy!

The Referee Store
Back