A&H

First Adult League Game

Feel free to post a pic of any top flight ref in a top flight game having his top out.
I never mentioned marking down, I said comments would be made.
Can you think of any Mohican hair cut refs you have seen at the EPL recently?
Tattoos, as we know from Mark Clattenburg, you will not be having them on show

fair? personal choice? tough, its how it is.
And in an employment scenario without a written and justifiable policy would not withstand scrutiny either in a tribunal or the civil courts....just saying

The Referee Store
And in an employment scenario without a written and justifiable policy would not withstand scrutiny either in a tribunal or the civil courts....just saying

Indeed and at grass roots on the way up, there is no employment, so that argument is null and void, you will not get past whatever levels it is where you are, unless you conform.

Its like plastic policemen imposing their own made up laws and stopping you progressing if you don't comply!!! You can't park there!!! :cry:

Indeed and at grass roots on the way up, there is no employment, so that argument is null and void, you will not get past whatever levels it is where you are, unless you conform.
So when I entered into a contract to referee any particular match with the league and teams concerned, there were no conditions related to my attire....perhaps it's all the assessors exceeding their remit? Just asking.......

So when I entered into a contract to referee any particular match with the league and teams concerned, there were no conditions related to my attire....perhaps it's all the assessors exceeding their remit? Just asking.......

total diff thing, you don't have a contract as such, you don't get sick pay, pension etc etc etc
you (YOU) are offering your services to said league/county or whoever and if they wish to use you and you wish to wear a dufflecoat, so be it

to progress, you will wear a referee shirt and have it tucked in

its 2 entirely different things.

Apart from it was black.

Its a preference thing. Lets build a bridge folks and get over it.

I'd rather him turn up as Worzel Minty and have a super game than turn up ready for a fashion shoot and initiate a car crash game!!!
Since we have turn this into a shirt in/out debate (again), I'd rather him turning up ready for a fashion shoot and have a super game.

There no reason not to start on top AND finish on top.

Since we have turn this into a shirt in/out debate (again), I'd rather him turning up ready for a fashion shoot and have a super game.

There no reason not to start on top AND finish on top.

Correct, you cant control in advance how your game will go but you can control your appearance..

Reactions: one
Start as you mean to go on, the less things you need to alter as you progress, the better.
If it’s not a specific criteria at the start, just someone’s dyed in the wool preference, I prefer the new ref became a decent ref and enjoys his job in comfort, as I said, the rest can follow... it’s a hobby not a job!

If it’s not a specific criteria at the start, just someone’s dyed in the wool preference, I prefer the new ref became a decent ref and enjoys his job in comfort, as I said, the rest can follow... it’s a hobby not a job!

Ok, so, I watch a new ref today and he is ok but shirt out
I watch a new ref tomorrow and he is also ok but shirt in
RA manager asks which one was better, I say "both same but ref 2 had shirt in" (as it was the only diff)
Guess who would be no1 and no2 in the RA managers mind...

Or another way to view it.......when teenagers aspired to be Eric, they wore their collar out
if you want to be Oliver, then, check his example of how to dress. (or any other top flight referee you wish to name from any other country, ever)

"I'm sorry. You're a fantastic referee and your performances absolutely merit promotion. But you're shirt was untucked so hard cheese for you". As a grown adult with a family and a manager of a fair number of people day to day etc, being turned down for promotion would lead to complete disillusionment and bewilderment. I see professional people throughout the day and if they don't have their shirt tucked in it in no way impacts my belief on their ability to do their job. I'd thought we'd moved on from such stuffiness and self imposed nonsense in society.

Or another way to view it.......when teenagers aspired to be Eric, they wore their collar out
if you want to be Oliver, then, check his example of how to dress. (or any other top flight referee you wish to name from any other country, ever)

That's a mute point because as you've explained, referees aren't allowed to have their shirt out because that may have some unquantifiably negative impact on absolutely nothing at all and therefore must be discouraged...

Back