A&H

Feint at a PK

The Referee Store
Not going to lie - I really want to see the stuttering run up abolished. I hate it.

While I'd like to agree with you, I just don't see it happening. I think there will be some sort of wording change to move more toward "continuous motion", but that will probably be as far as they can go.

Now what I don't really understand is why the stutter, change of pace, etc. has become so prevalent. If you can remotely hide your intent, then just pick a corner, put it on frame, and hit it with pace and power. Sometimes, the goalkeeper will save it, and you tip your hat and move on. I'm obviously biased as an American, but for me the template for taking a penalty kick was Christian Pulisic's penalty kick against Mexico in the CONCACAF Nations League final this June. He took a two-step run and blasted the ball into the upper right corner of the goal. Mexico's goalkeeper guessed correctly, but he was never getting to the ball.

While I'd like to agree with you, I just don't see it happening. I think there will be some sort of wording change to move more toward "continuous motion", but that will probably be as far as they can go.

Now what I don't really understand is why the stutter, change of pace, etc. has become so prevalent. If you can remotely hide your intent, then just pick a corner, put it on frame, and hit it with pace and power. Sometimes, the goalkeeper will save it, and you tip your hat and move on. I'm obviously biased as an American, but for me the template for taking a penalty kick was Christian Pulisic's penalty kick against Mexico in the CONCACAF Nations League final this June. He took a two-step run and blasted the ball into the upper right corner of the goal. Mexico's goalkeeper guessed correctly, but he was never getting to the ball.
Apparently, according to the man himself, Alan Shearer used to practice penalties in training, by telling the GK where he was going to put it!

Personally, the kicker should start at the top of the penalty arc and the keeper can move when the ball moves.

The kicker can touch it more than once and move in.

All players still stay out of the PA. The ball cant leave the PA and a play clock of 5 seconds begins when the ball moves (shot clock)

I do like my hockey too

Back