A&H

Favorite Ref Items?

Just subs names and numbers I put down so I know who is coming on & also for caution purposes but In reality does it make a difference?
Yes pre-recording subs is good practice. It saves you time.
I should have qualified my previous comment by saying starting a game without a team sheet is dangerous stuff and should only be left to old timer professionals ;)

The Referee Store
Where do u keep the pencil & do u write subs names and numbers b4 kick off?

I just keep a pencil in my side pocket. score card goes in with my yellow.

In our local leagues, you get a roster/sub list, so I have those in another pocket too.

Re: the finger grip - I am a huge fan of not having to hold on to the whistle all the time.

I just keep a pencil in my side pocket. score card goes in with my yellow.

In our local leagues, you get a roster/sub list, so I have those in another pocket too.

Re: the finger grip - I am a huge fan of not having to hold on to the whistle all the time.

what happens if you want to send someone off though? are you able to pull the record card out separate from the yellow? or do you have another one with the red card?

what happens if you want to send someone off though? are you able to pull the record card out separate from the yellow? or do you have another one with the red card?
My sanction cards are a bit smaller than the writeon card - so it's easy to pull the correct card out of my pocket. I keep the red in my back pocket, so that would never get pulled in error!

It would be easy to put the score card in it's own pocket, but I like having both in the left breast pocket, which is slightly easier to get to, as i'm right handed.

My sanction cards are a bit smaller than the writeon card - so it's easy to pull the correct card out of my pocket. I keep the red in my back pocket, so that would never get pulled in error!

It would be easy to put the score card in it's own pocket, but I like having both in the left breast pocket, which is slightly easier to get to, as i'm right handed.

i was more concerned with pulling the yellow out when wanting to red someone! but if they're smaller then that explains it.

What is the overall opinion of the finger grip for whistle?

Must admit can get a little tedious with the wrist band and holding whistle between finger & thumb.

Brilliant invention mate. So much easier. Give it a go and I'll bet you never go back to using a lanyard.

Using a lanyard is like being from Yorkshire and living in the dark ages .... :rolleyes: ;) :D

I carry my whistle. No finger grip or lanyard. Always have

On the off chance i drop it, spare one is in right hand shorts pocket.

I’d love to have seen some of you lot reffing my reprobates in Sunday’s at their worst. I’m sure you all get the occasional kn0b or two but some Estate teams had 9-10 idiots each who didn’t really respect themselves never mind you! Industrial language was common parlance, you just had to sort out the context and if it was as bad as it sounded! :chicken:

Not going to happen. In near 30 years I dropped the whistle once, so chances of dropping the two of them at same time in same game, I will chance my luck and say wont happen

If however for a split second I had no whistle, I would use my voice.

Then surely be able to retrieve one, if not both whistles, and continue from there

CA3413C0-F85F-412E-8B68-20BA50CC69CF.jpegB117D219-6024-45EC-A88B-F4CEBF2E5500.jpeg

This is what I use, just jot team names down & subs names / no’s & that’s me.

Just works better for me having space to write and pages to flip if needed rather than being limited to the one template I ended up scribbling a right mess in my first game trying to get it all into the box’s.

But whatever works for u I guess.

Brilliant invention mate. So much easier. Give it a go and I'll bet you never go back to using a lanyard.

Using a lanyard is like being from Yorkshire and living in the dark ages .... :rolleyes: ;):D

Will have to give it a try just didn’t like the look of it at first and thought it might look a bit silly running round the pitch with it, but I will give it a try because I have had times of consciously being aggravated by holding the whistle for long periods plus not being able to grip it quick enough and blow for a free kick etc.

I carry my whistle. No finger grip or lanyard. Always have

On the off chance i drop it, spare one is in right hand shorts pocket.

Used to use lanyard, now just carry two interlinked fox 40s
100545534-felix-brych-sport_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqqVzuuqpFlyLIwiB6NTmJwfSVWeZ_vEN7c6bHu2jJnT8.jpg

100545534-felix-brych-sport_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqqVzuuqpFlyLIwiB6NTmJwfSVWeZ_vEN7c6bHu2jJnT8.jpg
OMG you're Felix Brych? :)

I also do the two whistle thing except I carry two different kinds of whistles since it's not uncommon to be at a facility with eight refs using a Fox 40 in close proximity.

Which means if you drop one you drop them both? Fine on a professional pitch as it will just bounce, do that on a parks pitch and you're clawing them both out of the mud.

I've used the finger grip whistle pretty much from day one and would never stop. Tried using a lanyard and wrist strap when I tried a different whistle, but just couldn't get to grips with it.

Love the card skins for games where I can use them, and also the boot buddy as that makes cleaning the boots after an absolute doddle.

OMG you're Felix Brych? :)

I also do the two whistle thing except I carry two different kinds of whistles since it's not uncommon to be at a facility with eight refs using a Fox 40 in close proximity.

Been lucky enough to only ever have a maximum of one pitch next to me & that’s rare, very fortunate in the Thames valley area to have some nice little pitches & sole use pitches.

Plus I use a 99p old school pea whistle I doubt there are many on a Sunday morning using them.

Back