A&H

FA Vase - dress code?

Trip

RefChat Addict
Level 5 Referee
I've been given a line on (what I assume is) a preliminary round of the FA Vase. Home team plays at Step 5.

What's the dress code? Do I need jacket & tie?

The Referee Store
I've been given a line on (what I assume is) a preliminary round of the FA Vase. Home team plays at Step 5.

What's the dress code? Do I need jacket & tie?
Standard dress code at all levels is now tracksuit and polo shirt.

In my area, I’d be expected to wear a suit and tie for this. If in doubt, dress up not down. But ask the ref and they’ll guide you. And congrats on the appointment.

As per the attached documentation sent out by The FA last month:
Match Day Attire
Match Officials are advised to arrive at the ground in tracksuit, polo shirt and trainers.

All match officials should ensure they are presentable, achieve a professional appearance and, where possible, wear the same tracksuit and polo shirt.

Attachments

• Step 3-Step 6 - Pre season Update - August 2022.pdf
    512.3 KB · Views: 39
Tracksuits are the standard attire across the country now.
You should also have a county FA badge on your kit for all FA competitions (Vase, Trophy & Cup)

Tracksuits are the standard attire across the country now.
You should also have a county FA badge on your kit for all FA competitions (Vase, Trophy & Cup)

I will be wearing one, although I believe this expectation is dwindling? Please correct if I'm wrong.

It will always be tracksuits going forward now I'm sure, it seems absolutely archaic to go back to suit and tie.

I will be wearing one, although I believe this expectation is dwindling? Please correct if I'm wrong.

It will always be tracksuits going forward now I'm sure, it seems absolutely archaic to go back to suit and tie.
I’m on the isthmian u23 league as an AR for this season and the dress code is shirt and tie, smart shoes, no jeans or casual shoes (etc) so I’ll just wear a suit.

It will take time to trickle down from the higher levels. If the FA keep the polo and tracksuit even after Covid is a distant memory it will be very difficult for lower level competitions to carry on with it. And with the, how can I put this, older brigade, gone from the FA Referees Committee and refereeing department I can't see suited and booted coming back in.

Tracksuit but also bear in mind that your match day kit must have a county badge on

In reality 'should' is more appropriate, no issue if you don't have one to wear but if you do, get it on
Unless it has changed recently it is mandatory to wear county badge on FA appointments. The only exceptions are if you have been awarded FIFA or three lions badge, if so they should be worn instead.

Unless it has changed recently it is mandatory to wear county badge on FA appointments. The only exceptions are if you have been awarded FIFA or three lions badge, if so they should be worn instead.

Yeah that's what I mean. It's expected but it doesn't always happen and it's really no big deal if you don't. I'll always wear it but I'd say on 100% of fa cup/trophy/vase games I've done at least one official hasn't worn it.

Yeah that's what I mean. It's expected but it doesn't always happen and it's really no big deal if you don't. I'll always wear it but I'd say on 100% of fa cup/trophy/vase games I've done at least one official hasn't worn it.
Which is fine until you get a county or FA bigwig at the game and end up getting reported. And it does happen.

Back