Assistant referees: John Brooks and Andrew Halliday
Fourth official: Neil Swarbrick
Reserve assistant: Michael Salisbury

It's been announced:

Referee: Mark Clattenburg
Assistant referees: John Brooks and Andrew Halliday
Fourth official: Neil Swarbrick
Reserve assistant: Michael Salisbury

Proved me wrong...... Looks like the FA have had to swallow their pride since Clatts is going to Euro 16 & did the ECL semifinal last night.

Good to see me old mate (and colleague) Andy getting the nod as one of the linos. Spent the day with him today and to say he's pleased about it is a bit of an understatement. :D

Good to see me old mate (and colleague) Andy getting the nod as one of the linos. Spent the day with him today and to say he's pleased about it is a bit of an understatement. :D
Really pleased for Andy. He was on my Level 2 Tutors course back in 2009 along with Michael and Lucy Oliver, Ray Olivier, Janie Frampton, Michael Salisbury and Ian Blanchard. Great bloke.

Reactions: Kes
Really pleased for Andy. He was on my Level 2 Tutors course back in 2009 along with Michael and Lucy Oliver, Ray Olivier, Janie Frampton, Michael Salisbury and Ian Blanchard. Great bloke.

@Brian Hamilton Well, since we're name-dropping...... ;) :p

Jon Moss was there yesterday and was constantly pulling Andy's leg about PGMOL ****-ups he's made whilst Andy was running the line for him - all in good spirit though. ;) Also managed to get the low-down on his controversial decision to second-yellow Vardy a couple of weeks ago - but professional courtesy prevents me from quoting him. :)

If you ever get the chance to speak to Jon, get him to tell you the story about how Mr Webb got to referee the World Cup Final using nothing but his skill with e mails. Brilliant. Lol. :D

@Brian Hamilton Well, since we're name-dropping...... ;) :p

Jon Moss was there yesterday and was constantly pulling Andy's leg about PGMOL ****-ups he's made whilst Andy was running the line for him - all in good spirit though. ;) Also managed to get the low-down on his controversial decision to second-yellow Vardy a couple of weeks ago - but professional courtesy prevents me from quoting him. :)

If you ever get the chance to speak to Jon, get him to tell you the story about how Mr Webb got to referee the World Cup Final using nothing but his skill with e mails. Brilliant. Lol. :D
Not name dropping just mentioning some of those I've worked with. As for Jon he still has a couple of books of mine that he borrowed a few years ago when he was helping run the County's School of Excellence. Very funny man for a Sunderland supporter. ;)

I've heard the email story many times. The practice is adopted by many Sheffield&Hallamshire Supply League referees even with assessors. I prefer those who eschew this manufactured process and stick to phone calls, texts and FB

As for Jon he still has a couple of books of mine that he borrowed a few years ago when he was helping run the County's School of Excellence. Very funny man for a Sunderland supporter. ;)

I thought that as well, he is funny, if slightly effeminate. ;) :D My being a Toon man didn't get in the way any and he did make me/us laugh a lot. He was genuinely pleased for Andy as we all were and he made a huge contribution to the day's proceedings. I'm going to see if I can get Jo to invite him down to Somerset...... my hopes aren't high though....... :)

Well if we're name dropping...

Last weekend I let Jamie Smith from Crewe borrow my 2014 Laws of the Game to double check the offside interpretation.

I don't like to brag but it was the hardback edition.

Well if we're name dropping...

Last weekend I let Jamie Smith from Crewe borrow my 2014 Laws of the Game to double check the offside interpretation.

I don't like to brag but it was the hardback edition.

No no, Brian says we're not name dropping.... :p ;)

Just as well mind Regal, cos you've just beaten us both into the dirt with that bad boy!! :eek: :D

I couldn't tell. He mentioned it only once. :):):)

Back