Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Neil Swarbrick

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Anthony Taylor*

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The Referee Store
We can rule out Michael Oliver - he has been given the Villa vs. Liverpool semi. Looks as though it's going to be Clattenburg or Friend.

The only other thing is that he's, IMO, in pole position for the Europa League final, would he get 2 showpieces in 1 year?

I believe, Webb did the CL and final WC final in the same season Steve. Obviously these aren't appointed by the FA but 2 pretty big games none the less!

FA Cup Final 2015 Match Officials

Referee: Jonathan Moss
AR1: Darren England
AR2: Simon Bennett
4O: Craig Pawson
Reserve AR: Harry Lennard

Well I don't think anyone saw that coming!

I can only assume he has got the appointment because of his age.

Well I don't think anyone saw that coming!

I can only assume he has got the appointment because of his age.
Ridiculous if so! He's a very poor referee in comparison with a number of the other SG boys and I don't feel he should have been given the appointment

Here's what Mark Halsey has to say on the matter, anyone agree/disagree?

Mark Halsey @RefereeHalsey 35 minutes ago:

"If the authorities alienate Mark Clattenburg any more, I'm worried he'll tell them to shove it and go and referee in another country.

He's so well respected around the world that any English-speaking nation would have him like a shot.

Not giving Mark the FA Cup Final sends a signal that our refereeing hierarchy doesn't rate him as our top official and I think they're doing everything in their power not to send him to Euro 16 in France next summer.

If that happens, then I have a feeling he might say 'Sod it' and perhaps go over to America to referee. We've already seen Ireland's top ref, Alan Kelly, up sticks and go to the States and by all accounts he's loving it over there.

Clattenburg isn't a 'Yes' man. If he believes the authorities are wrong then he'll tell them, that's why his face doesn't fit with the top brass.

And if they succeed in undermining him - as I think they've done by not giving him the FA Cup Final - and he doesn't go to the European Championships, who could blame him for trying something new in another country and culture which actually welcomes him?"

Halsey's slightly false there though. Clatts doesn't have to do FA Cup final to go Euro/WC because he's done Olympic final

Back