A&H

Everton v Southampton

Ciley Myrus

RefChat Addict
Read about it Saturday night, missed MOTD but just seen it now. What a difference it makes seeing it for yourself rather than taking someone elses word for it. Had I bought into last nights news, then Saints are relegated due to Jon Moss. Now, Moss for me is a poor ref and imo not the right body shape or match fit for top level football. That aside, Southampton guy gets a soft caution, I dont know what offences he committed before this but the caution looked harsh to me. However, on a yellow, the player then puts in a stonewall yellow card tackle and is ordered off. Maybe Mr Hughes should publically tear into this player, as now Saints are 1-0 up away from home with mins to go, but ten men.
Everton do then indeed get a foul which I would be hoping the AR either flags for off his own back, or flags to back up Moss's decision. Doing so would be good team work. Hughes last night says the ball is put back into play 10/15 yards away from where it shoukd have been. Its not. Its 5 yards max and deep defensive and every referee would allow it to go from there in any game.
The ball eventually ends up at Saints left back, who, only has to blooter it into row z and the game is won. For some odd reason, he kicks it weakly back into play and straight to an Everton player, and we have the equaliser. If the ball is in the back row of the stand, your opponents cant score! No mention by Hughes publically slaughtering the saints defender for his act, which for me, is the defining moment that cost Saints the goal
Hughes then comes on MOTD saying he has been let down by the officials. No mate, you have been let down by your own team, on a few occasions in the last few mins of the game.
Once again, match officials, easy target when things dont work out for a team

The Referee Store
I think what i meant to add was, would it not be refreshing to hear an interviewer have the balls to say something like

"so Mark, was that not a horrendous mistake by your left back with seconds to go" or

"what on earth was your player doing making that challenge whilst on a yellow, putting you down to 10?"

would make for a far more balanced after match interview and challenge some folk to own up to their own inadequacies.....

When I’m observing I always advise ARs to flag anything right in front of them for the team’s credibility. As for not being taken from the right place, if JM had insisted then Allardyce would have slated him for pedantry, and rightly so when it’s almost on the goal line with two minutes to go.
It’s not the referee’s job to slow the game down so Southampton win the game.
Southampton had 11 players behind the ball and were naive in the extreme. They failed to see a game out and that’s what cost them, not the referee. I’m sure Hughes will have a go at his players later but this attitude is why we get grief on Sunday. Pathetic man.
The interviewer doesn’t want a balanced story because now Hughes will get done and will then moan about the FA sticking up for referees, which is juicier for him.

Hughes is a habitual ****, good riddance, hope he gets the sack! In Carlos we trust!

This getting the sack thing though is ideal.....sign me up on a 4 year deal, sack me after 6 months and keep paying for the 3.5 years that am no longer working for you? Managers like that should be made to see our their contract, ruining their reputation so they dont get another job (and amazing money) elsewhere....

When I’m observing I always advise ARs to flag anything right in front of them for the team’s credibility. As for not being taken from the right place, if JM had insisted then Allardyce would have slated him for pedantry, and rightly so when it’s almost on the goal line with two minutes to go.
It’s not the referee’s job to slow the game down so Southampton win the game.
Southampton had 11 players behind the ball and were naive in the extreme. They failed to see a game out and that’s what cost them, not the referee. I’m sure Hughes will have a go at his players later but this attitude is why we get grief on Sunday. Pathetic man.
The interviewer doesn’t want a balanced story because now Hughes will get done and will then moan about the FA sticking up for referees, which is juicier for him.

I hope they didn't have 11 men behind the ball, :angel: Yoshida was sent off on 85, :redcard: Old C0cknose Hughes never mentioned his incompetence strangely, or the Left backs!!!

Southampton boss Mark Hughes told BT Sport: "We clearly haven't got what we deserved today. The referee has made a decision to give the free-kick in the corner.
"He allows it to be taken from a false position, then we're on the back foot, and we're down to 10 men too because of a decision he made and he has given free-kicks when our lads didn't touch them. I'm really upset with the officials.
"We have got something out of the game though and we are out of the bottom three."

There was another comment by him on the BBC that Moss was 'thirty yards from play' most of the time.

Wonder if he won 1-0, if he would have said how fantastic Moss was? :hmmm:

Harry Basset did it in 1988... He left Vicarage Road for Bramall Lane in January 1988, swapping the top-flight's relegation zone for the lower mid-table of the Second Division in the process. Luther Blissett and co would eventually tumble out of the First Division, while Bassett took his new side down to the third tier, the Blades losing to Bristol City in a relegation play-off. That inauspicious start was not a sign of things to come however...

Here's hoping Hughes is ceremonially sacked and dumped in the ex-football managers Pit of Misery....Dilly Dilly!!! :devil:

Just seen the intentional Shaqiri rake down the calf 'yellow' tackle!! How / why / what did I miss!!! Mr Atkinson??

Typical Mark Hughes.

- Blames the players at Barcelona for not speaking English to him for his failure there.
- Blames the board of the clubs he's been at once he's left
- Blames match officials when his team loses.

In fact the only people he hasn't ever blamed are those meddling kids!

He has scored the hardest kick of a ball I have ever seen, Utd v Weds, a midweek game, think Utd won 5-0, what a hit

Has numb nuts had a pop at Mr Oliver or is he tight lipped because they won?? Sunday league manager, he mood swings like the wind!!! Blame anyone, but himself!!

Back