A&H

Euros

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way replays/videos are used need a major overhaul. Video ref seems to be showing the ref what they want and how they want it in order to prove their own point. Similar in offside line drawing. It looks like VAR has already decided if it should be offside or not before the lines are drawn. Then the lines are moved to justify that decision.

The Referee Store
Danny should get a final warning. Idiotic commentary.

The pitchside monitor feed was odd for me. It showed point if contact and then slo mo. Based on that the ref had to give a yellow. I was surprised it wasn’t normal speed first, as that might have given the ref scope for careless or SFP.
It would be helpful to know what they had discussed in the process. If the R had the contact in a different place than it actually was, it makes sense to show him the contact point. I thought they weren’t supposed to use slo mo for SFP as it is distorting—perhaps that is an MLS thing?

It would be helpful to know what they had discussed in the process. If the R had the contact in a different place than it actually was, it makes sense to show him the contact point. I thought they weren’t supposed to use slo mo for SFP as it is distorting—perhaps that is an MLS thing?
Slow mo should only be used for point of contact.

Wonder if the Czech Republic went down the opposite end and scored if VAR would have brought back to look at the clear foul on Saka.

Wonder if the Czech Republic went down the opposite end and scored if VAR would have brought back to look at the clear foul on Saka.
I remember when Divock Origi got fouled during a game against Man Utd and the ref didn’t give it and it led to a Rashford goal at the other end. VAR didn’t intervene then. But IMO that should be exactly when it is used.

I remember when Divock Origi got fouled during a game against Man Utd and the ref didn’t give it and it led to a Rashford goal at the other end. VAR didn’t intervene then. But IMO that should be exactly when it is used.
I was thinking about a foul Luke Shaw did in defensive half that did get reviewed

I seem to recall the super whammy happening in an MLS game--a goal at the other end while check still going for PK. Wipe the goal and go back for the PK--ouch!

These Refs are very cautious with their DBs
I think they should consider affording attacking teams an 'advantage' by slipping in a few QDBs

These Refs are very cautious with their DBs
I think they should consider affording attacking teams an 'advantage' by slipping in a few QDBs
They seem to be getting a lot of practice with them, too. I'm surprised by how many times they've been hit with the ball in the last couple of days.

I seem to recall the super whammy happening in an MLS game--a goal at the other end while check still going for PK. Wipe the goal and go back for the PK--ouch!
I seem to remember that not happening at Anfield when Liverpool scored after a Liverpool handball not given...

They seem to be getting a lot of practice with them, too. I'm surprised by how many times they've been hit with the ball in the last couple of days.
It's the rigid adherence to the diagonal. Every attack down the left the referee is an extra defender.

My favourite commentator moment from last night

Ball hits referee, changes possession, enter Sam Matterface

"Referee brought the game back for a foul there, when advantage didn't happen"

Lee Dixon "Its a drop ball as it hit the referee"

Sam Matterface "Oh, so THAT's what happens when the ball hits the ref!" :rolleyes:

My favourite commentator moment from last night

Ball hits referee, changes possession, enter Sam Matterface

"Referee brought the game back for a foul there, when advantage didn't happen"

Lee Dixon "Its a drop ball as it hit the referee"

Sam Matterface "Oh, so THAT's what happens when the ball hits the ref!" :rolleyes:
I know 😂 that was very amusing to say the least!

What does DB and QDB stand for?
Dropped Ball, Quick Dropped Ball
I just invented the QDB acronym as it doesn't exist!
A list of other abbreviations can be found here;

Danny should get a final warning. Idiotic commentary.

The pitchside monitor feed was odd for me. It showed point if contact and then slo mo. Based on that the ref had to give a yellow. I was surprised it wasn’t normal speed first, as that might have given the ref scope for careless or SFP.

Can you guys take Mark Clattenburg back? He's providing refereeing analysis on the US coverage through ESPN, and it's not pretty.

Out of all of these refereeing/LOTG analysts, the only one who is really worth listening to is former US FIFA referee Christina Unkel (yes, she is the wife of current US MLS/FIFA referee Ted Unkel). She's really good at 1) knowing the laws and 2) being able to explain how they are applied in a way that's easy for those who aren't experts to understand. She's a litigation attorney in her full-time job, so dumbing things down for the general public is a key part of her day job. But in any case, she does a really solid job on Fox (previously) and CBS (currently).

Good call by VAR to ask Kuipers to look at that one - in real time I also thought it was a foul by Koke, but on replay it's clearly a penalty!

Can you guys take Mark Clattenburg back? He's providing refereeing analysis on the US coverage through ESPN, and it's not pretty.

Out of all of these refereeing/LOTG analysts, the only one who is really worth listening to is former US FIFA referee Christina Unkel (yes, she is the wife of current US MLS/FIFA referee Ted Unkel). She's really good at 1) knowing the laws and 2) being able to explain how they are applied in a way that's easy for those who aren't experts to understand. She's a litigation attorney in her full-time job, so dumbing things down for the general public is a key part of her day job. But in any case, she does a really solid job on Fox (previously) and CBS (currently).
Can you guys even understand clattenburg? . He is from the North East and heard you guys struggled with our North Eastern accents. THINKING Cheryl Cole here 😂😂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back