A&H

Euros

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Referee Store
Guess who thinks it's not a red card? He's got big lugs and likes walkers crisps...

Seriously though, this is a classic case of the referee is probably correct by law but it's probably not what most football fans/pundits expect or even want. If that was my team, I be unhappy that was given as a straight red in all honesty.

Unlike the Swedish player who was sent off and rightly so even though people thought it should not be a red because there was no intent, i can understand any uproar on this one.

Every sliding tackle that makes contact is a straight red from now on then.
MO really can do no wrong on here.

Every sliding tackle that makes contact is a straight red from now on then.

Not true at all. The Spain player is kicking the ball and has one leg on the ground. The Swiss player comes through on a slide with the majority of his weight behind his trail leg and connects flush with the plant leg.

In American football, one of the most dangerous plays is when a punter or placekicker is following through on his kick and a defensive player trying to block the kick comes in low with his full weight connecting with the lower plant leg. This is what happened here. The weight behind the trail leg on the plant leg satisfies "endangering player safety" in Law 12.

Not true at all. The Spain player is kicking the ball and has one leg on the ground. The Swiss player comes through on a slide with the majority of his weight behind his trail leg and connects flush with the plant leg.

In American football, one of the most dangerous plays is when a punter or placekicker is following through on his kick and a defensive player trying to block the kick comes in low with his full weight connecting with the lower plant leg. This is what happened here. The weight behind the trail leg on the plant leg satisfies "endangering player safety" in Law 12.

The player that can put the majority of his weight behind a trailing leg (which is folded at the knee) is defying physics.

Players regularly wipe out opponents with their full body weight and get cautions. I'm not sure where the body weight obsession has come from on this.

So, seems we have Roadrunner on the Italy. Even Ms Sangria just pointed out he is fidgety, moving too much and getting out of position. Weird.

LOL, I was just thinking the same. He is all over the place and as a consequence he keeps getting in the way of play.

The player that can put the majority of his weight behind a trailing leg (which is folded at the knee) is defying physics.

Players regularly wipe out opponents with their full body weight and get cautions. I'm not sure where the body weight obsession has come from on this.

I would support a caution, but the Swiss player's right leg was high and from his angle Michael Oliver has seen it hit the opponent's leg. It looked red real time from his angle, I think slow motion replays make it look less dangerous but there was no way VAR would overrule as it wasn't even close to a clear and obvious error, if an error at all.

Micah Richards says Begium's penalty is soft after minimal contact 🤔 Shoulder barge in the back looked a lot more than minimal to me.

Thought it was a dive personally, minimal upper body contact (deffo not a shoulder I'm the back) which was never enough to make him hit the deck

Disagree, gave him a fair old shove with his arm. Can certainly see why it was given.

I just don't think it was that severe, sure the arm goes out but the fall is exaggerated. I can see why it was given cos it's modern football and we give fouls when someone breathes on another player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back