A&H

England v Slovakia

The Bellingham caution and the goal are examples of why I’ve got the bad feeling. Off field pressures + frustrations with their own performances = stupid challenges a la Bellingham.

Guehi daren’t make a challenge, and knows he couldn’t take down the attacker because he’s walking.

A&H International
Pretty surprised that isn’t a second yellow. He dished out so many in the first half, you would have thought he was on commission !
Consistency.
I can only go by radio commentary for the first 10 minutes, but Mainoo was cautioned for stepping on a player's toe.. he actually stopped a promising attack on the edge to avoid him going in the area. Got to be a yellow.

this is exactly why you dont book everyone in the first 10 minutes, players will completely lose faith if you arent giving yellow cards for that because your scared of sending people off

I could understand why the first yellow was given, and 100% Bellingham’s was nailed on, but this is getting a little silly now.

I think he’s been ‘better’ in the second half, but because he dished out so many cautions in the first half and he seems to have stopped in the second, he appears as inconsistent. If that makes sense.

I thought he was generally fine. Very difficult to argue about any of the first half cautions, perhaps the Mainoo one wouldn't be given in England, but in a UEFA game they expect that to be given. Kucka should probably have got a second caution for the foul on the edge of his own penalty area, but the next foul he committed was at worst careless, that would only be a caution if you were going down the PI route.

Back