A&H

England v Slovakia

Tealeaf

Lighting the darkest hour
Staff member
Got a bad feeling about this one from an England perspective. It’s gotten a bit trickier after the first two cautions.

First caution for Guehi, no arguments. It’s early to take one for the team but needed to be done from an England perspective. The Mainoo caution I’m not so convinced was required.

A&H International
Got a bad feeling about this one from an England perspective. It’s gotten a bit trickier after the first two cautions.

First caution for Guehi, no arguments. It’s early to take one for the team but needed to be done from an England perspective. The Mainoo caution I’m not so convinced was required.

The Mainoo one is a 100% yellow for UEFA. Any stepping on the foot with the studs is a reckless challenge.

Curious as to which two you think are unfair?
Thought the Kobbie one was unfair, and the Slovakia one. Understand them being yellows later in game, and under stand the idea that if they’re yellows in the 60th min they’re yellows in the 6th.

Both feel unwarranted early in a knockout game

I think the Bellingham one was all day a caution. The first one was as well, but the other couple (or 3? Lost count- 35 mins in) maybe a warning and a bit of management. But everyone has their own opinions !

What foul did he see at the England corner?
Mainoo, I think, on the keeper?
He is perfectly allowed to be there and he's not actually done anything on the keeper.

Mainoo caution was incorrect. Might be a factor of usual UEFA nonsense but this official clearly can't man manage even if he is being told not to.

Back