A&H

England v République de Colombie

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Referee Store
Yes, absolutely, the ref clearly was receiving guidance. The yellow followed

If the VAR told him to give a yellow then they're both going home for breaking the protocols. That situation mandates an on field review. The VAR simply can't say "give a yellow for a headbutt".

If the VAR told him to give a yellow then they're both going home for breaking the protocols. That situation mandates an on field review. The VAR simply can't say "give a yellow for a headbutt".
I agree

Why would they not have checked it?

Why would they not have checked it?

He obviously did and Makkelie decided it wasn't a clear and obvious red.

Now how the information to give a yellow to #5 came down is up in the air and only FIFA will know once they listed to the communications. Either the AR or 4th saw something to give the yellow or it was for something different like dissent. But it wasn't anything VAR related.

Referee totally lost match control.
Collina has to take some blame here because the effect of not giving SPA and delaying and respecting the distance YCs is plain for all to see.

This is a disaster for the officials, including VAR, due to the head butt.

In the end we are better than them but they are dangerous but it is ridiculous that we have a world cup knock out game in 2018 with refereeing from the 1960s.

Terrible for the ref community I think.

They're not. The first is a major breach of protocol, the latter is simply a poor decision. The difference is significant to the long term success of VAR.

I couldn’t give a monkeys about the long term success of VAR, I care about VAR tonight & either way a player not being sent off for putting his head into the chin of an opponent.

I couldn’t give a monkeys about the long term success of VAR, I care about VAR tonight & either way a player not being sent off for putting his head into the chin of an opponent.
Then once again, you may have forgotten you're on a refereeing forum?

Remember when I said that VAR was an awful idea......and loads of posters criticised me for it?

Anyone having a change of heart yet?

Then once again, you may have forgotten you're on a refereeing forum?

Graeme what are you on about dear god above you’d give an aspirin a headache.

Either way if VAR was used or not used & should have been we got the wrong decision in yellow.

We are talking about tonight & the incident. Not tomorrow not next week not the future.

VAR failed tonight, not sure why you’re trying to have an argument in a room on your own, AGAIN.

I pitty any player that has to share a pitch with you, I really do.

Graeme what are you on about dear god above you’d give an aspirin a headache.

Either way if VAR was used or not used & should have been we got the wrong decision in yellow.

We are talking about tonight & the incident not tomorrow not next week not the future.

VAR failed tonight, not sure why you’re trying to have an argument in a room on your own, AGAIN.

I pitty any player that has to share a pitch with you, I really do.
I'm not the one having an argument?

I'm not the one having an argument?

Well your going round in circles, how are we still having a conversation when my point was either way used or not used VAR got it wrong.

Correct penalty decision, instant yellow, thought the ref got a shove in the middle of all the unpunished dissent as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back