A&H

England v Nederland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry @Ross but this was a civil discussion on a sensible subject that is refereeing future tech related. Not sure why you felt the need to input.

As an aside (and not related to previous method) I did a course in 2011, the instructor also had a rare breeds farm in Scotland, he was on his laptop and we were discussing something else but he showed us how livestock are now routinely geotagged, he boomed down to one of his fields 500 miles away and could see within feet the positions of his individual stock. He could even read the individual codes and tell me the names of individual animals! Quite basic really! Future stuff isn't a great leap!

Last edited:
The Referee Store
That's the thing. You're an advocate of forsaking spontaneous celebration with atmosphere sapping reviews, all to achieve extremely marginal decisions which seem contrary to the spirit of any game. You're not alone, the younger generation crave the 'right' result at all costs. A mindset which is consistent with refusing to accept the infield decision and all the dissent that breeds. I've needed to lose something to realise what we had in the first place, namely 'the rub of the green'; which has always been an endearing aspect of sport.
Sometimes marginal. There were some big mistakes in the premier league last season that with VAR, wouldn’t have been missed. The offsides against Cardiff v Chelsea cost them the 3 points and ultimately got them relegated. People aren’t just going to stop celebrating until VAR makes a decision, it’s an impulse and 9 times out of 10, VAR won’t be needed for a goal

Sorry @Ross but this was a civil discussion on a sensible subject that is refereeing future tech related. Not sure why you felt the need to input.

As an aside (and not related to previous method) I did a course in 2011, the instructor also had a rare breeds farm in Scotland, he was on his laptop and we were discussing something else but he showed us how livestock are now routinely geotagged, he boomed down to one of his fields 500 miles away and could see within feet the positions of his individual stock. He could even read the individual codes and tell me the names of individual animals! Quite basic really! Future stuff isn't a great leap!

Fantastic! We have technology to tell if stationary players are a few feet offside! This will revolutionize the game!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back