A&H

England v Czeh

Ciley Myrus

RefChat Addict
Up there with the most bewildering of pk's of all time

Stinking decision from the ref, a guess, and an abomination of one at that.

The Referee Store
I'm not so, and am erring on the side of pen. Outside the box that's a foul every day. Number 6 most at fault

I'm not so, and am erring on the side of pen. Outside the box that's a foul every day. Number 6 most at fault

The England player finds his path blocked and throws himself into the two defenders, is cheating, absolute cheating.
There is no actual foul.

Joe Cole summed it up, he said, there is no foul but it looked like one

Decieving the referee, cheating,

Nah don't agree. I just think they block him off/sandwich him. He's always going to try and hurdle it to get to the ball and that's where number 6 takes his legs out

Strange one, but a pen for me. The number 2 in particular has just completely blocked Sterling off, made no attempt to play the ball, and impeding with contact equals direct free kick.

Nobody committs a foul!
Sterling is the one who initiates the contact by hurling himself into the defenders!

There is no foul.

Blocking off! Your allowed to stand where you wish on the park, what you cant have then is Sterling flying into you!!

Nobody committs a foul!
Sterling is the one who initiates the contact by hurling himself into the defenders!

There is no foul.

Blocking off! Your allowed to stand where you wish on the park, what you cant have then is Sterling flying into you!!

He intentionally steps across sterling's path to block him though

Nah don't agree. I just think they block him off/sandwich him. He's always going to try and hurdle it to get to the ball and that's where number 6 takes his legs out

There is no contact anywhere near legs!
Block, i disagree but i can see the reasoning

The attacker is running in towards goal and a defender, or arguably two defenders, run across him. That is the whole definition of impeding and I'm not really sure what Sterling could do, would you expect him to just stop running and go "OK then guys, you've beat me"?

Foul for careless tripping by the second Czech player for me. He missed the ball and ended up tripping Sterling. I don't call the first player impeding as the ball is within playing distance and Sterling is not held off. Its a legal shield. No way this is a dive for me.

Page 104:
1553305439658.png

Tripping here:

1553305398417.png

Back