A&H

Embarrassing moment pre kick off....

sadly i saw the corner flag thing tonight 17 minutes into the game the ar called the ref across, quick chat then a wee guy appears with the flags, and no i hadnt noticed, but the best one a colleague was doing a game 6 minutes in stops the game comes over to me says are you timing the game, daft question i always do, says can i borrow your watch, quick glance at his wrists nothing left both watches in the dressing room,how the hell he managed to start a game without checking his watches still mistifyes me

The Referee Store
I've forgotten the balls once or twice, even a watch (though I would at least notice as I'm about to kickoff!), things like that
I was once refereeing an U/16 match. Got to the door on my wait out, went to do a final check that I had my cards in my pocket...wait, why don't I have any pockets?

I had gotten as far as putting my undershorts on (and presumably tucked my shirt into my undershorts) and left it at that!
So relieved I noticed before I got out there :p

I'm relieved now that I do a 'Whistle, watch, watch, card, card, coin' check before I leave the changing rooms. i've forgotten my flags a few times though, and had a neutral AR haveto borrow a pair of socks because he'd left his at home...

Forgot coin on plenty of occasions. Had an NAR for a county school game forget a sock (just one) luckily I carry 2 pairs because I always take 2 kits.

I'm relieved now that I do a 'Whistle, watch, watch, card, card, coin' check before I leave the changing rooms. i've forgotten my flags a few times though, and had a neutral AR haveto borrow a pair of socks because he'd left his at home...
I do that, looks like a bad rendition of "head, shoulders, knees and toes" :D

I'm relieved now that I do a 'Whistle, watch, watch, card, card, coin' check before I leave the changing rooms. i've forgotten my flags a few times though, and had a neutral AR haveto borrow a pair of socks because he'd left his at hothats the beauty of carrying some spare gear

Haha, im thinking about investing in Walkie Talkies because you can connect headsets to them similar to proper ref comms ones and its only like 200 quid which is a hell of a lot less than the 2 grand red headsets haha. Uni games with my assistants would come in very handy haha
Hey Steve,
I'm Chris. I work for Nautic Devices, maker of Yapalong 4000, as a marketing assistant. Based on these discussions, I noticed you're interested in a reliable and affordable communications system. If you have any questions regarding our product, I would like help answer them.
Thanks.

I've got all the way to kick off, stood in the middle and gone to blow for kick off and realised I don't have my whistle on me. Had to run all the way back to the changing rooms and grab it to a background noise of moans and groans.

Now and again I tell the losing coin toss captain that they've won the coin toss - not a great start but normally laughed off - oops !

I have turned up at the pitch I was told to which was multi pitch set up of 5/6 pitches. Did all the equipment checks,checked the pitch, shook hands with both manager's, handed out flags and briefed car's, been paid and then another ref turned up. I had forgotten to check the teams were the ones I was supposed to be refereeing. Transpired there had been a change of pitch which I had not been told about. Had to return match fee and collect flags in a rather embarrassed fashion, and locate new pitch pretty quickly.

Not prematch but during my first ever game, only a few weeks ago, coach signals for a sub. I check the ball is out of play, look back to the touch line and there's a player running along the half way line as though he's just ran on. I tell him he should have waited for me "ref, I've been on all the time, I'm the only black player on the pitch!"
Realising my mistake as the sub is waiting for me I say " oh yes, carry on" sheepishly walking to the sub. dooh.

Two

1) My drink bottle "exploded" in my face, drink going all over my glasses

2) Notice from afar, home coach and a few players heading for a pitch. I follow them and start checking nets, pitch markings etc. After about 5 minutes, look up to see both teams (and Mrs PP who had come along) all on the pitch next door!:oops:

Reactions: SM
Back