A&H

Dutch Referee Blog - Week 5 Laws of the Game Quiz 2022-2023

Week 5 Laws of the Game Quiz 2022-2023. Video for question 1 The next quiz will be published next Tuesday. You can always practise previous quizzes on this overview page. And after submitting your answers, you can see the correct answers immediately. The video starts (automatically) at 2m34s. Quiz Laden…

Continue reading...

The Referee Store
How about USB for unsporting behaviour - based in a blatant deliberate handball to attempt to block a shot on goal (whether the defender knew it was on target or whether it was on target). I think it's what football expects here. And I think this is not specifically covered in the LotG.
It's what football expects because a lot of referees cautioned for any handball or at least any that 'looked bad'. The law was specifically changed to stop that from happening. And untill referees consistently apply this change, that expectation is not going to go away.

In the context of this thread, ok fair enough, USB is your opinion and you can give it. But it certainly is not the only quiz answer that can be correct.

The Referee Store
How about USB for unsporting behaviour - based in a blatant deliberate handball to attempt to block a shot on goal (whether the defender knew it was on target or whether it was on target). I think it's what football expects here. And I think this is not specifically covered in the LotG.
Can see that in other cases, but that didn't really apply here. Defender's arms were up but not in a 'blatant' way - if that makes sense!

I am pretty sure that in the US, PRO is teaching that handling that blocks a shot that isn’t DOG (e.g., the GK has the potential to make a save such that it is not obvious a goal will be scored so it can’t be DOG) is a SPA caution. (Don’t have time to find a reference.) PRO doesn’t tend to do that unless it is consistent with communications with FIFA/IFAB. That said, if the powers that be what a caution on such shots, it would be nice if that was specified in the magic book.

Back